ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z97

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blank_Disk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z97
    Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 5:53pm
I have a z97 extreme6 and I would say its classed s an enthusiast mainboard, considering this why does it take so long to release new driver (for windows 10) with the knowledge that a lot of people will be running the test build and most of the windows 8 drivers cause issues.
same goes for bios releases, not as frequent as I would expect for a premium mainboard.
Stupidity is natures way of thinning the heard.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 9:51pm
Windows 10 support is a tricky thing to add during beta. Microsoft will have provided manufacturers technical specs for the final release version likely a month or two in advance of release but these final specs will not correlate to beta versions in many cases and drivers for the final release version may well be as flawed on a beta release as windows 8/8.1 drivers are. If you read the ToS for the windows 10 beta program you will note that even Microsoft does not hold itself accountable for any damage potentially caused by the beta state software. How can anyone expect full support for software that is in an ever evolving beta state and not released yet. I am not standing up for ASRock here just stating common sense. Premium product or no, it is unfair to expect any company to offer official support for an unreleased operating system no matter how easy it is to get your hands on the beta software. 

On the upside, ASRock has most of their current and future lineup ready with Windows 10 support the moment it is released. We will likely see windows 10 drivers start showing up on product pages very soon, in fact I have already seen a few newer boards with windows 10 support like the new Braswell series of boards.

Welcome to the forums Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic