ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

App Shop Empty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by sabeltann sabeltann wrote:

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I found a log of some sort which may give you some clues about what is happening. I can compare it to the entries in my log, but first take a look at yours.

It should be in this folder: C: ProgramData ASRock (long alphanumeric folder name) 90242E9B...

Sorry but must ask, you have installed APP Shop ver:1.0.28?

Hi!

Thanks for replying, well I found the log all right, and now we are getting somewhere :-)

One of the last entries in the log is(I can post the resto of the log if needed):
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:21.249: VidDid2: 0x15708086
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:23.564: Run Task: GetServerConfigAndRes Network status: 1
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:28.877: Not support this model
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:28.882: Enable UI
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:40.182: Run Task: GetServerConfigAndRes Network status: 1
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:46.166: Not support this model
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:46.169: Enable UI

But there is no xml-file in the folder with the name of the model, there is however one file called asrbrowser.xml ( I searched that one for 7100 no result)

Could It be that the Beebox-S 7100U is not supported by the AppShop?

Yes its the APP Shop 1.0.28 I've installed 

We seem to have found the main problem, the missing file with the name of your PC.

Actually, I have five files with the name of the product supported by APP Shop:

I'm sorry not to tell you about this earlier, and I can tell you know what you are doing but did not want us to get confused with too many details at that point. Plus I'm still trying to figure out how it all works.

While I don't completely understand how this program was designed, it seems clear to me that the files we see above are essential for APP Shop to work correctly. If the files for a product don't exist, you won't see anything in the APP Shop screens.

Also, you'll see the entries in the log that you get when the APP Shop program looks for those files. Of course, the "error message" is simply what is displayed when the files cannot be found, but in general if nothing else is wrong, then whatever device this version of APP Shop was installed on is not supported.

Another important file is the UpdatesData file, do you have that file in the same folder? My guess is, you won't find that file either.

If it was there, you could see that all the programs and driver files are specifically listed ("hard coded" as programmers call it) and there is a list of mother board models that use the same programs and files. The APP Shop program itself is updated when new drivers, etc are added/replaced in a board's download page. The same technique is used for a device like your PC. These files are used to create the list of programs and drivers shown in APP Shop, as best as I can tell.

The question now is, assuming my analysis of how APP Shop works is correct, why you are not getting the files for the Beebox-S 7100U in that folder? Either some problem like not having permission to write the files to that folder is happening, or APP Shop version 1.0.28 really does not support your PC.

The Beebox-S 7000 series PCs have been available for almost six months now, and we have not seen other posts in the forum about APP Shop problems with these PCs that I can remember. APP Shop 1.0.28 is almost six months old too. While it is not impossible that APP Shop 1.0.28 does not support your PC, I cannot say at this point that is the situation. I hope you can understand my viewpoint.

I suggest downloading the program again, copying it to the C: drive if it is not on the C: drive, and right click on it and select Run as administrator.

Perhaps the APP Shop installation program cannot identify your PC correctly for some reason. Did you install the INF driver ver:10.1.1.38 files and install the Intel Management Engine driver ver:11.6.0.1126 software? Also the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (Intel DPTF) driver ver:8.2.11000.2996 software should be installed.
sabeltann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeltann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 5:55am
Hi!

Thanks again for getting back to me on this.. this is the contents of the folder:

Yes all of the software you mentioned is installed, I now also verified it, and removed Appshop, and installed it again, and I see that it writes the files in the folder as it starts up, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the permissions.

But as I didn't find the phrase 7100 or 7300  in the asrbrowser.xml it feels like the appshop isn't built to support this system yet, and thats ok, I can wait until the next version comes out, and check then.

Thanks for your assistance and helping me to get to know this software.

S
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 9:49pm
Thanks for your understanding at this time. Please watch for an APP Shop update for your PC.
Rybych View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybych Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 4:02am
Same problem with QC5000M-ITX/PH.
OS Windows 7 x64
AppShop version 1.0.31

log file:
[quote]
AsrAPPShop 2017-08-12 22:58:08.608: Run Task: GetServerConfigAndRes Network status: 1
AsrAPPShop 2017-08-12 22:58:16.548: Not support this model
[quote]

server doen't matter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic