ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to re-install XFast LAN OEM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peejaygee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to re-install XFast LAN OEM
    Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 1:34am
All, 

I just recently got a H97 Anniversary and one of the pieces of software with it was the XFanLan, I installed it, it worked. (although I don't know if I need it)

Then it offered to update, I didn't know it was going from the OEM to the Retail version, so then it started saying I only had 29 days left. So I uninstalled it, on the feedback form (IE11) again, I didn't know I was uninstalling the Retail, I fed-back that I thought it should have more than 29 days, the guys come back to me, explaining I'd over written the OEM with the retail.

So, I tried to uninstall retail and re-install OEM, failed installing the driver.

So went on the hunt, to find reasons why.

I've tried, uninstalling, re-installing and uninstalling again. I've tried doing this in Safe Mode (windows 8.1). I've tried uninstalling ALL network drivers, incase there was a conflict. I've tried CCLeaner. I've tried manually searching the PC and/or registry for any traces. I've tried using Revo Uninstall Pro. 

I did have once instance AFTER an unisntall and a reinstall that the Retail version advised me that I was overwriting the OEM version, although I'd uninstalled it, so I'm thinking there is 'something' that gets left behind on any version of the uninstall.

I can't go to CFos for help, as it's OEM, so I've turned here... I really do not want to be re-imaging my machine.

My Error screen looks like 

My Error Log File shows the following (Attached)

http://pjg-developments.com/xfastlan/cFosSpeed_Setup_Log.txt

Can any help me at all?

Regards
Paul.
Don't Jump, if you do, you'll only fall and hurt yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic