ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with new gpu on my motherboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarksterNor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with new gpu on my motherboard
    Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 6:20pm
Hello. So i just got a new gpu, the Nvidia GTX 970 Gaming 4G and i does not work on my motherboard that are an Asrock z68 Extreme7 Gen3. I get to the post screen and it stops there. The computer posts B2 I have read that a new bios might fix the problem, but i have the newest 2.30 bios. My question is if there is a new bios on the way or do i have to return my new gpu? and just to clear it out, my computer works as normal with my old gtx 560 ti. I have a 750W psu.

I hope the chefs at Asrock will cook a new bios for my motherboard Smile
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 6:32pm
Send a support ticket to ASRock tech support and ask them for a BIOS that supports the GTX 970 on your board. While ASRock_TSD does frequent the forums fairly often you will likely get a quicker response from a support ticket.

Welcome to the forums Smile
BarksterNor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarksterNor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 6:13pm
Thanks for the reply! I have been back and forward with this card and last night my motherboard accepted it
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 6:19pm
Glad to hear it, modern GPUs seem to be prone to not making proper contact in the PCIE slot. I had endless problems with my GTX 960 and it turned out it was not properly seated in the slot I had reseated it 3 times  and had dismissed it then on a whim I tried it again and suddenly all was well again....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic