ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DDWRT support!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote xcharlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DDWRT support!!
    Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 11:03am
WARNING!! This is BETA version!!

r31571 version
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/03-04-2017-r31571/asrock-g10/

r31544 version
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/02-28-2017-r31544/asrock-g10/

or new?

Anyone tried it?

Edited by xcharlie - 10 Mar 2017 at 11:04am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 1:46pm
Finally.

And thanks for posting the "WARNING!! This is BETA version!!" caution.
FireStorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireStorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 9:14pm
Hello

I am using the DD-WRT Version (newest)

Actually there is just one reason why I use the DD-WRT Version, because the original firmware has just a stupid REPEATER MODE. It only supports over WDS which is pretty lame as WDS has some security issues so the other router does not have WDS enabled and so I can not use the repeater mode. ANY CHANGE FOR FUTURE???

However, the thing is DD-WRT works smooth BUT and this is the biggest one the speed is just awesome but (VERY) often the internet connection get's lost, Does anyone experience the same issues? The connection between the two routers is stable. With my WLAN Repeater I have even better connection stability then with the G10. So it must be the G10 that has a problem, I just do not know WHAT could it be?

Does anyone has an idea? I am not a pro, maybe I put something wrong in the setup, is someone willing to check over teamviewer?
penlo69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penlo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 7:56am
have tried asking for help at vpn service provider but they have NOT been any help at all.
can you provide instructions on how to set this router which has firmware 2.18 from ASRock, how to do the latest ww-wrt for it
for use with NORD or PIA? preferred would be nord
there response was read these thoudsand posts and articles and YOU FIGURE IT OUT!!!

man  do you call that help???  it's not like the service s FREE!!!

any help would be appreciated   baby steps please

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by penlo69 penlo69 wrote:

have tried asking for help at vpn service provider but they have NOT been any help at all.
can you provide instructions on how to set this router which has firmware 2.18 from ASRock, how to do the latest ww-wrt for it
for use with NORD or PIA? preferred would be nord
there response was read these thoudsand posts and articles and YOU FIGURE IT OUT!!!

man  do you call that help???  it's not like the service s FREE!!!

any help would be appreciated   baby steps please

This page and the linked instructions look straightforward:
https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/dd-wrt/

hth anyways

iherbak77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iherbak77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 3:48am
Hi!

Please support me with the best method to upgrade to dd-wrt.

What i think
1 - do the 30/30/30 reset
2 - use the router web ui to upload the dd-wrt image the factory-to-ddwrt.bin
3 do the 30/30/30 reset

4 For upcoming dd-wrt firmwares i should use the webugradeddwrt.bin or whatever

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic