ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Pump Header (X370)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murakume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:21am
Keep in mind that AMD has always had a goofy way of reporting temperatures. On my board (x370 Gaming Pro) there are two main temps I look at under HWINFO version 5.47-3125: Tctl and Tidle. The Tctl value is the reading that AMD outlined as reading 20 degrees Celsius higher than the actual temp on 1700x and 1800x for some goofy fan profile difference they implemented on those CPUs. So take that and subtract 20, you'll be close to what it really is.
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:31am
I think I'm good then:

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:58am
Originally posted by murakume murakume wrote:

Keep in mind that AMD has always had a goofy way of reporting temperatures. On my board (x370 Gaming Pro) there are two main temps I look at under HWINFO version 5.47-3125: Tctl and Tidle. The Tctl value is the reading that AMD outlined as reading 20 degrees Celsius higher than the actual temp on 1700x and 1800x for some goofy fan profile difference they implemented on those CPUs. So take that and subtract 20, you'll be close to what it really is.

That's the Ryzen "temperature offset" of 20° C AMD has programmed in for use with their stock CPU coolers. That really seems to be for future use with the four core processors, that have a lower TDP than the eight core models. I'm not 100% sure what temperature is shown in the UEFI, HW Monitor screen, but my best guess is Tctl.

I see the same thing in HWiNFO64, and I love the way it is programmed to show both! The ASRock utility for X370 Ryzen boards (A-Tuning, etc) will show the Tctl temperature you see in HWiNFO64, it matches it perfectly.
soleil14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soleil14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:30pm
Hello, I just got my X370 Taichi today.
I also have a Corsair H115i. Shoul I connect it to  CPU Fan Connector or Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector?
Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic