ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > ASRock e-Sport&Gaming Feature Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Separate fatal1ty mouse port from f-stream.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pern_au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Separate fatal1ty mouse port from f-stream.
    Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 4:53pm
So, basically the only problem i have had with fatal1ty mouse port is that, sometimes when there is one or more windows updates f-stream will stop working.
I think it would be a good idea to separate them software wise so that there is less of a chance that updates will gimp the feature. I could be wrong but that's it, that's my idea.
He walks among us, but he is not one of us.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Pern_au Pern_au wrote:

So, basically the only problem i have had with fatal1ty mouse port is that, sometimes when there is one or more windows updates f-stream will stop working.
I think it would be a good idea to separate them software wise so that there is less of a chance that updates will gimp the feature. I could be wrong but that's it, that's my idea.

Interesting post, or perhaps I should call it mysterious.

Your unknown mother board has the Fatal1ty mouse port you configure via F-Stream, is that right?

Then with your unknown version of Windows, something related to Windows updates seems to cause F-Stream to stop working?

What exactly happens to F-Stream? It stops running, locks up, freezes, or what?

Windows update works by downloading the various update files and writing them to disk. The Windows Update process then waits (or nags you in Win 10) to restart the PC to apply the updates. Updates are not applied in real time.

How that would interfere with F-Stream remains a question, if it really does that.

If you would care to elaborate on this, I would be happy to read it.
Pern_au View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pern_au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 7:39pm
Yes, i rushed my post and didn't bother with details.

Under both windows 8 and 10 i have had this, i don't know that any other features other then fatal1ty mouse port stopped working but the application ran and fatal1ty mouse port stopped functioning. z77 fatal1ty board.

The last update to windows 10 actually stopped fat mouse port from working for me but i uninstalled it to get it working again.

I recall searching on google in the past and others have noticed it. And when the application was updated, it worked again.

Basically what i am getting at here is, can the guys at asrock think on it a bit and maybe implement fat mouse port differently, so that it is unneffected.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Pern_au Pern_au wrote:

Yes, i rushed my post and didn't bother with details.

Under both windows 8 and 10 i have had this, i don't know that any other features other then fatal1ty mouse port stopped working but the application ran and fatal1ty mouse port stopped functioning. z77 fatal1ty board.

The last update to windows 10 actually stopped fat mouse port from working for me but i uninstalled it to get it working again.

I recall searching on google in the past and others have noticed it. And when the application was updated, it worked again.

Basically what i am getting at here is, can the guys at asrock think on it a bit and maybe implement fat mouse port differently, so that it is unneffected.

Somewhat better explanation, but there are three ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 boards.

Fatal1ty Professional, Professional-M, and Performance models.

The latest version of F-Stream for all these boards is F-Stream Tuning Utility ver:0.1.73.63. Is that the one you are using?

The situation when this happens seems to be after a Windows 10 update occurred. Do you have F-Stream configured to run automatically when Windows 10 boots?

If that is the case, obviously something that happens during the Windows 10 update causes the problem. It sounds like just restarting F-Stream did not work? You had to reinstall F-Stream again to get it working?

Sorry but we need to know the exact events that seem to cause this to happen. Also, the first time we have heard about this AFAIK.
Pern_au View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pern_au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 11:00am
Well, to be clear. Yes i am using "F-Stream Tuning Utility ver:0.1.73.63". And yes i have it autostart with windows.

Windows downloads updates, at some point i notice it and decide to restart. After restarting fatal1ty mouse port stops functioning, i don't know about the other features as i only use fat mouse port, i configure everything else in bios. So i reinstall f stream and restart pc. Fat mouse port still does not work. This happened again sometime in the past month, i uninstalled the windows update and f stream started working again immediately.

I don't know that i can see what updates they were but there were 2 updates that installed at the same time and i uninstalled both to be sure.
PinetreeRoad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinetreeRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 7:30am
I am also having issues with f-stream not working on a fresh Win 10 install, on the X370 pro gaming.

v 3.0.154 for me. I just get an access violation every time 0000FFFF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic