ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASrock AB350 Pro4 Fails to POST with 2.2 BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:38am
Hey guys

Just received my second pro4. Strangely, i didnt need to reinstall windows. Somehow the windows version i installed on the previous mobo works with this one. I guess thats cool.

Tried installing sound drivers, PC froze. Tried install nvidia drivers for my gtx1050ti, says doesnt recognize windows version.

Im going to wait for a reply from the gentleman that advised me to flash via dos usb bootable. Im considering flashing to 1.44, then 2.20. The board came with bios version 1.3

Edited by Canadianguy - 21 Apr 2017 at 2:39am
Canadianguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 4:55am
Hey parsec
I made a bootable dos usb using rufus. However, when i type the file name of the bios, it doesnt do anything. I tried combinations of things, including .exe, AB35P4_140 ... doesnt do anything. Im going to try with version 2.20 AB35P4_220

After rufus puts necessary files in the usb key, I simply copy paste the file that came from asrock's DOS folder ... the asrock instructions say i should put the .exe ... basically ive tried every possible combination. Its a no go

Edit: had to replace underscore with ~
I am gonna attempt going from 1.3 to 2.20

Edited by Canadianguy - 21 Apr 2017 at 5:05am
Canadianguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:21am
Parsec, thanks so much for your help!!!! I flashed bios to 2.20... however, i still cannot boot when ram is set to anything above 2166... for now its ok, i just want to run some games to see how stable this is. Huge weight lifted off my shoulders! Thanks so much
Ricciospacca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricciospacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 2:31pm
I have resolved so from BIOS 1.30: flash bios 1.40 with a bootable USB by renaming it "update". Then from the bios it recognizes the 2.50 automatically because utility appears.
All of the ways here I recommended did not work.

Asrock b350 pro4
16 gb skills ram
Ryzen 1500X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic