ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denjiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 Review
    Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 12:15am
S/N: 73M0XB009634< ="chrome-extension://hhojmcideegachlhfgfdhailpfhgknjm/web_accessible_resources/index.js">

I decided on getting an AB350 board as it had all the features I required, no intention of using SLI. I went with ASRock as the board it is replacing is a Fatal1ty 990FX Professional that served me with little to no issues since mid 2011 going through four different CPUs in that time. 

Installation was quick and painless. I Have had no problems with either the new hardware bought for this upgrade or any of the pieces moved over from the old system. The BIOS is pretty straightforward to navigate and update. The board itself is aesthetically pleasing between it's LEDs and those on the video card and the Wraith Spire cooler.

The only issue I've had so far are the expected teething issues with the memory timings. But I was aware of those going into things and I expect them to largely be corrected as time goes on. I've not yet tried to overclock my Ryzen 1700, I'm not in a rush to do so as even at stock speeds it's significantly faster than the FX-6350 it replaced. I can wait for the platform to mature a bit. 

If this board performs anything like the one it replaced I will likely be getting another ASRock when it comes time to replace it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic