ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

cpu temps on x370 taichi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skypuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cpu temps on x370 taichi
    Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:03pm
Is anyone using PSensor?  I recall reading about some problems with the Ryzen cpu temp sensor.   PSensor is showing CPU usage but not CPU temp sensor readings.  Is anyone else getting cpu temps on this mobo?

I just received the H110i and will install it as soon as the AM4 bracket arrives but I'm a bit leery of tinkering with the Ryzen 7 1700 overclocking until I can monitor cpu temps in real-time.  What are you guys finding?  Can you safely get to 3.7 Ghz instead of the base 3.0 Ghz without problems?

Speaking of problems, at what point does the "electrotransmigration" begin to happen?  It's a very subtle but insidious problem.  I don't want no steenkin' bit-flipping going on in my processor!

Thanks

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:30pm
well im running a 1700 on a taichi board at 3.9

on air Smile

a noctua 120mm fan and heatsink and have no such issues with temps (my volts are 1.306 on cpu vcore)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by skypuppy skypuppy wrote:

Is anyone using PSensor?  I recall reading about some problems with the Ryzen cpu temp sensor.   PSensor is showing CPU usage but not CPU temp sensor readings.  Is anyone else getting cpu temps on this mobo?

I just received the H110i and will install it as soon as the AM4 bracket arrives but I'm a bit leery of tinkering with the Ryzen 7 1700 overclocking until I can monitor cpu temps in real-time.  What are you guys finding?  Can you safely get to 3.7 Ghz instead of the base 3.0 Ghz without problems?

Speaking of problems, at what point does the "electrotransmigration" begin to happen?  It's a very subtle but insidious problem.  I don't want no steenkin' bit-flipping going on in my processor!

Thanks

Your board has a full suite of temperature sensors, but you need to use a monitoring program that actually is worth using, as well as being kept up to date for new hardware.

HWiNFO64 temperature monitoring in it's sensor display, among many other things, is the best you can use IMO.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

My ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac board with HWiNFO64, shows both of the reported Ryzen CPU temperatures (Tctl and Tdie), VRM temperatures (CPU and SOC VRMs), memory temperature (if your memory has temperature sensors), drive temperatures, voltages, power usage, fan speeds, too many to list. Your board's A-Tuning program also shows the CPU temperature (Tdie) and a few other things.

I'd say it's a bit early to know at what voltages deterioration of Ryzen processors occurs. I will say the Auto VCore values in the UEFI are as usual more than necessary, but that is normal when a new processor is being used for the first time.

skypuppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skypuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:19am
Great info, Parsec!  Know of anything equivalent for Linux Debian?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic