ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with AMD build S.OS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by clubfoot clubfoot wrote:

"Normally" G.Skill ram is not very overclockable......

Awwww.,Now you're full out looking for an azz whooping Tongue

Sir Wardog from the Mighty ryze team ,can you also contribuiting in my help :(? i know my English is worst than , haha, but I really need help my budget is 450$, and i wanted to find a good build that has
Ryzen 5 1600, a motherboard that is overclockeable, realiable long period, among a pair of ram ddr4 dual channel 8gb or 16gb that can be overclockeabe too, to have a happy future. Thnk you for your time.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:38pm
Given you are on a budget I would ignore RAM speed altogether. Get the cheapest kit that your board supports and put more of your budget into CPU or motherboard, better yet, pick up a nice new PSU to go with your build. Given you already have some components I am going to guess something happened to the CPU and motherboard you were using before?

RAM speed is only important for gaming if you are using a current high end GPU, otherwise it really makes no difference.

See this post I made here:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4963&title=ryzen-ram-frequency-and-gaming

I hope this helps.
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Given you are on a budget I would ignore RAM speed altogether. Get the cheapest kit that your board supports and put more of your budget into CPU or motherboard, better yet, pick up a nice new PSU to go with your build. Given you already have some components I am going to guess something happened to the CPU and motherboard you were using before?

RAM speed is only important for gaming if you are using a current high end GPU, otherwise it really makes no difference.

See this post I made here:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4963&title=ryzen-ram-frequency-and-gaming

I hope this helps.

Wow xaltar thank you so much, i read the whole post, so just imagine my Gtx 580 nowadays is not even a mid range gpu right? and i was like thinking about in future get or grab a Rx 480, and thats event not a high end gpu as you describe in your post :O, even the Rx 480 with 3200 mz we wouldnt able to see the difference oh i see

So them, dont need to worry about MHZ speed right? but what about Low Timmings thats better right? it will make games run more smooth, with less latency? more responsiveness? like lets say a 2133 mhz or 2400 mhz with timmings 12-12-12 i dont know...

And do you think my PSU thermal take toughtpower 750 watts+bronze 80 is not that good for ryzen? I really dont know so much about Pc components, i always try my best, but im so grateful to be here in this forum, people so nice

But them again, i feel more relaxed with your explanation about speed mhz, but still with a doubt about timings, so can you please, guidance me a little bit? could you try to make a ryzen build for me? that can satisface overclocking in the future? like for a 400$?

Like a Motherboard and CPU,+rams? this is what i can buy for the moment
I've been searching straight foward around 4 days by looking a cheap build but that is like mid range or reliable, so thanks.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:04pm
to be honest here my thoughts

$67 patriot kit seems a good price (8 gb ram should be fine for the overall level of the pc build, allthough how long until 16gb is mid range i dont know)
and even better if it is listed on the QVL (allthough it might not run on early bios at 3200) it should at least run safely and in time probably will, if not now but in future run at 3200

as for existing PSU
thermaltake 750 bronze 80 ( certainly big enough for the planned system) and bronze 80 cant be that bad
ryzen5 1600 seems to be a very sensible allround cpu choice for most people with some future proofing

so it seems the gtx580 would be the next weak point if not now but in near future depending on what games you wish to play

EDIT
forgot to mention your 120gb ssd is enough for O/S but new games can be 50-70 gb
so you might want to also think about a 1 or 2 TB hdd for games maybe ?

p.s. your english is very good, certainly better than any other i speak, stop aplogising we can understand you well Smile

Edited by datonyb - 26 Apr 2017 at 10:07pm
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:07pm
When it comes to building new systems it is always best to go with a new PSU in case the old one is failing or damaged. That 750w PSU technically should be fine. If you have any issues once you build the system then the PSU would be the first thing to look at replacing. 

As for timings, they won't make much difference with your GTX 580. Tighter timings is something you can play with and tweak anyway. If you do plan on getting an RX 480 down the road then maybe see if you can pick up a 2666 kit that will is certified with your board. It won't likely effect your average FPS much but it will improve your "low" FPS a little. Even then, it won't be a noticeable difference so don't go out and spend 2x the amount for the higher frequency.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:12pm
agreed xaltar
i was making the assumption the psu is newer than the rest of his old parts though by educated guess on its specs.

i also have a psu tester myself (so im more inclined to use something from my spares) which may explain why i didnt see a reason to buy a new one

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:22pm
Thank you both Guys Datonyb, Xaltar, and the rest of people that helped me :D

So I will try that 67$ memory patriot, that is cheap, and is QLV verified, to be honest, I dont know if, is a good idea to update bios even if I dont have a high end gpu or something, so there i have no idea

Now the Psu suply uhmm how can tell if getting damage or performance issues? by checking the rails voltage and something like that? or if starts to like 12 to 12.5 or 12.0 or 11.9 etc? haha the way I type lol so embharassing hah x.x

But know seems like i will follow your advise, I guess i will by buying the 105$ motherboard the Asrock Fatality, and the cpu 1600 ryzen, and probably the patriot one because is the most cheap supported memory on the Asrock compatibility, also has 3200 mhz which i guess i would use less than 3200 with low timings, to avoid any issues, because i dont know anything about that brand modules. SO thanks alot guys!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:32pm
Happy to help Wink

Let us know how the build goes Thumbs Up
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:59pm
as for bios

ii if works now stable, then i may well be inclined to wait until about mid May when the better ryzen bios is released with agesa code 1005
but whatever you choose
please DO NOT UPDATE BIOS IN WINDOWS
use the choice to update in the bios or dos methods
it by far a much safer way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic