ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970Extreme3 R2.0 High Cpu Temp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xenturio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 970Extreme3 R2.0 High Cpu Temp
    Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 5:32am
Hi,

My Spec :
  • AMD 8350FX (NO overclock)
  • Asrock 970Extreme 3 R2.0 (bios 1.60)
  • CoolerMaster Nepton 120XL (liquid cooler)
I cannot play any games, because after few minutes the temperature of the CPU is > 70°.
I believed that the problem was the stock cooler of the CPU, so i changed it first with CoolerMaster TX3 Evo and after with the Nepton 120XL, but the result is always the same.

Any hint ?
xenturio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xenturio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 5:37am
Here a result from AIDA64 stress test

Edited by xenturio - 28 Jul 2015 at 5:42am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 3:39pm
What video card(s) are you using in your PC? The exact model and manufacture?

What PC case are you using and how many fans does it have, and where are the fans mounted?

How do you have the Nepton 120XL configured in your PC case? Is the radiator fan pushing air out of the PC case, or is it pulling air into the PC case?

It sounds like your video card(s) is putting all its heat into the PC case. That causes the air inside the PC case to be very warm, from 35C - 40C.

Since the CPU cooler is very close to the video card(s), and the heat from the video card(s) makes the air inside the case warm, that warm air is then being used to try cooling the CPU. It was that way when you used the stock CPU cooler and the TX3.

If the Nepton 120XL is pushing air out of the PC case, then again the warm air inside the PC case is being used to cool the radiator. The CPU cooler cannot cool the CPU to a lower temperature than the temperature of the air cooling the CPU.

When you are gaming or stress testing, does the air coming out of the PC case feel warm?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic