ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Ryzen Chipset Drivers and Power Plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Ryzen Chipset Drivers and Power Plan
    Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:18am
AMD has released their 17.10 chipset drivers and Ryzen Balanced Power Plan update, here:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64

If you've used the Ryzen Power Plan for Windows, you may have noticed the Maximum processor frequency setting, which is set to 0 MHz by default. Confused

I'm using an ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac board, 1700X CPU, and G.SKILL FlareX 3200 memory.

I installed the new 17.10 chipset drivers, and set my CPU settings to stock/default in the UEFI to see what would happen. After doing that and booting into Windows 10, this is what I get for the Ryzen Balanced power plan:

Maximum processor frequency of 0 MHz? That seems to allow whatever the settings in the UEFI/BIOS are, as my CPU operated at its standard base clock and Turbo speeds.

With stock/default CPU settings, if I change the Maximum processor frequency setting to say 2500MHz, the base CPU speed was changed, but not to 2500MHz, it was about 2900MHz. Other changes to that frequency didn't do very much, I didn't try it for very long.

Next I set my CPU OC, which is just 3925MHz in the UEFI. Booted into Windows 10, checked the Ryzen Power Plan again, and now I see this:

The Maximum and Minimum processor state settings are gone.

What are you getting if you install this new (is it really new?) chipset and Ryzen Power Plan? Do you also see the changes in the plan options at stock and over clocked settings?

AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:29pm
I haven't played with this very much since I lost the ability to boot into the Bios and have been trying to see what triggered it.

I do remember seeing 0% though before my Bios booting issue began.

I'll try it again once I have the PC set back up. I'm reloading all of my drivers atm.
Dogmifier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogmifier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by AlbinoRhino AlbinoRhino wrote:

I haven't played with this very much since I lost the ability to boot into the Bios and have been trying to see what triggered it.

I do remember seeing 0% though before my Bios booting issue began.

I'll try it again once I have the PC set back up. I'm reloading all of my drivers atm.

Do you have "Fast boot" or "Ultrafast boot" enabled? As I recall, you can't get into bios without
resetting bios if you do.

X99X Fata1ity
16GB Crucial
1200W Corsair
evga GTX 1080
Samsung 950 Pro
Drain_Bamaged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drain_Bamaged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 2:20am
Why don't I have the option of minimum processor State? Anyone? I have the Ryzen balanced power plan, but this option is not listed under change power plan settings> advanced>processor power management

Edit: so I'm to learn AMD disabled Pstates if you overclock. WTF is this crap? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Drain_Bamaged - 15 Jul 2017 at 2:27am
jj22ee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj22ee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 4:55am
So there is 2 ways around this overclock with ryzen master or overclock using only the pstates in the bios.  The regular old overclock method deletes this option.  Also if I change from stock voltage this option goes away.  So I just overclock using pstate method to whatever is stable at stock voltage. 
donalgodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 4:16am
Doesn't a 90% minimum seem high?
donalgodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:18am
The Ryzen Chipset drivers have been updated again via AMD, based on the date, but the version number hasn't changed.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64

NAMEFILE SIZEREVISION NUMBERRELEASE DATEDOWNLOAD LINK
AMD Chipset Drivers174 MB17.3010/2/2017

Edited by donalgodon - 10 Oct 2017 at 1:21am
Zwu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:30pm
just adds new PSP driver ( 4.4.0 )
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic