ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z97 Extreme4 won't power down.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z97 Extreme4 won't power down.
    Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:48pm
Since yesterday my desktop with the Asrock Z97 Extreme4 MB wil not power down, every thing works fine, but when i click on Windows 8.1 Pro button to shut down power, witch he does, but boots up again in 2 seconds.
Took everything out, cleaned the CPU and memory, tried the  PSU on another board, works fine and reinstalled the CPU and memory (8Gb) again with only the SSD with Windows 8.1 Pro (64).
Used Memtest and memory is fine.
Did a clear CMOS, no false indication by Dr. Debug, booting up the system, all goes well, shutting down and is still booting up after 2 seconds.
Help please.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:48pm
I would suspect the power button on the PC case causing the problem.

To test that, remove the connector from the power button in the PC case from the board. Leave the side of the PC case open, and use the Power button on the board itself to start the PC. The Power and Reset buttons are to the right of the Dr Debug display on the board.

If the PC still starts after doing the above test, the Power button on the board may be shorted to the PC case or by a loose screw, etc. Or the Power button on the board itself is faulty and is constantly sending the "power supply start" signal to the power supply.
aweir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aweir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 2:01am
Originally posted by macabre macabre wrote:

Since yesterday my desktop with the Asrock Z97 Extreme4 MB wil not power down, every thing works fine, but when i click on Windows 8.1 Pro button to shut down power, witch he does, but boots up again in 2 seconds.
Took everything out, cleaned the CPU and memory, tried the  PSU on another board, works fine and reinstalled the CPU and memory (8Gb) again with only the SSD with Windows 8.1 Pro (64).
Used Memtest and memory is fine.
Did a clear CMOS, no false indication by Dr. Debug, booting up the system, all goes well, shutting down and is still booting up after 2 seconds.
Help please.

I can vouch that I am having the same exact issue as you are. After I shut down my computer, when using Linux mint, the PC boots back up about 3-5 seconds later. Sometimes I have to actually switch the power supply off completely. And also, maybe an unrelated problem but the PC turns itself back on after a power loss even though the BIOS is set to "stay off after AC power loss". The problem began just recently. I have all the features of the motherboard turned off such as dehumidify, and the Intel feature that turns your PC on to update. The only issue I can see is maybe the BIOS is set to turn on by LAN ping or PS/2, USB mouse movement or keyboard input. disable turning on my mouse and keyboard and see if the problem still exists.

Edited by aweir - 07 Aug 2015 at 2:06am
MirM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MirM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 8:32pm
Hi:
I have the same problem in my Z97 Extreme4, I unplug every things on IO ports and still the same. 
What I do for shut down my MB is: turn off OS and when the system want turn on again them press f2 to enter bios and when I am inside press the power button and works perfect.
I think the problem is a error called to bios.
MirM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MirM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 10:52pm
Real solution:
In Bios, go to ADVANCED/CHIPSET CONFIGURATION/DEEP SLEEP===>Enable in S4-S5
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic