ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

i want my VCORE to go down when...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote botee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i want my VCORE to go down when...
    Posted: 11 May 2017 at 5:45pm
hi

im using an:
mobo Asrock Z270 Extreme4 - kabymobo
cpu i5-6600k - skylake

i am only using a slight overclock settings 4.2ghz (42 cpu ratio) with 1.25v Vcore.
The voltage mode is "Fixed".

So when im doing heavy load the cpu speed speeds up to 4.2ghz, and when light to idle, its like 800mhz.
But the voltage stays the same at 1.25v, because the voltage mode is "Fixed"

The only other option in the voltage mode is: "Auto", "Fixed", and "Offset". There is no "Adaptive" Mode.
can somebody guide me? i dont want to push constant 1.25v to my processor on idle and low load.

The "Auto" voltage mode is similar to "Adaptive" Mode, but Auto Mode doesnt give me an option to set up to what voltage it should increase.

Thank you guys
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 5:53pm
Offset is what you want. Set your multi to 42 (or desired value) then set offset mode to 0 and check for stability. Add about 0.025v to the offset if unstable and repeat until you find the lowest possible stable voltage. You should not see your voltages increase and decrease depending on load. An interesting related note, you can also set your offset to minus values so if you find you are stable with no added voltage you can try using a negative offset to lower your VCORE and improve thermals Wink
botee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote botee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 6:04pm
this is why im missing adaptive voltage. i just need to input 1.25v and its done..

im not really familiar with offset mode. ill try to read up on how to use it correctly.
thanks for the advice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic