ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z97 Pro4 problem with Logitech Webcam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyd9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z97 Pro4 problem with Logitech Webcam
    Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:16am
I have a recently purchasesd Z97 Pro4 m/b that seems to be having a major problem with a logitech 9000 pro webcam.  This is using Windows 10 (Release) on a new install (not an upgrade.)  The particular webcam works perfectly on other m/b's (an older macbook pro, one intel P55 MSI board and one intel P67 Asus board) for Win7, Win8.1, and WinXP.  (I don't currently have access to any other USB webcams to try.)

What happens is that the video portion of the webcam is non-functional.  The audio seems to work.  When I follow the prompts to troubleshoot, the "wizards" claims that I have the webcam plugged into a USB 3.0 port and I should try it in a USB 2.0 port.  The "wizard" claims that the device is incompatible with USB 3.0 ports.  (However, it IS plugged into a 2.0 port.)  I've tried every single BLACK usb 2.0 port on the backplane of the board, as well as with a USB 2.0 expansion plugged into a few different USB 2.0 headers on the board.

There aren't many Win10 drivers on the asrock website, but I've tried both without them (using whatever win10 loads on it's own) and with them (no difference.)  (The only drivers that apply are the m/b, ME, and LAN drivers- all which are intel provided.  I'm using a NVidia GTX 970 video card.)

I've tried every possible combination of USB legacy options in the BIOS (even different combinations of USB 3.0 specific options.)  Every other USB device I have works perfectly.  (Keyboard, mice, flash drives, USB to SATA device, etc.)

Thanks to google, I know that there was a similar problem with some Z87 based ASUS boards when the asus m/b software was used.  Asus was able to correct their issue with a updated version of the AISuite s/w.  (No, I'm not using any asus software - but thought I'd mention it in case it relates.  Too much info is better than not enough.)  

At this point, based on Asus having similar issues with their Z87 boards (and the fact that the same webcam works on every other computer I own), it appears that it's a motherboard or chipset issue.  

Edit:  Forgot to mention:   Board is populated with a i7-4790K processor and 4x 4GB DDR3-1600 memory.  No overclock beyond letting the BIOS use XMP.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Gary

Edited by garyd9 - 31 Jul 2015 at 3:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic