ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

getting Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumbleweeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting Windows 10
    Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:58am
***************************Topic moved by administrator******************************

I want to get Windows 10 downloaded on my computer. My problem is that the onboard nvidia Geoforce 7025 graphics are preventing this because they are not compatible with Windows 10. My motherboard is an Asrock N68C-GS FX. I've downloaded what I thought were the right drivers  from Asrock and still Windows 10 does not install. I've tried getting drivers from Nvidia but they won't install at all. Is Asrock going to help out people like me that needs to get the right updates so I can install Windows 10.

The N68C-GS FX is a nice board that I need to keep because I can't afford to buy a new motherboard. 

Edited by ASRock_News - 31 Jul 2015 at 9:44am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 2:50pm
It looks like more boards that use the Nvidia chipsets like the 7025 are getting left behind by Nvidia, sorry to say.

The latest driver for the 7025 that is compatible with Windows 8, so might work with Windows 10, is here:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82758/en-us

Note that Nvidia announced Legacy Support status for many of their chipsets after the release of the R309.08 driver:

Legacy Support Notification: GeForce 6-series and GeForce 7-series GPUs will be moved to legacy support after GeForce R304 drivers (304.xx to 309.xx). GeForce R310 drivers will not support these products.

What that means is Nvidia has ended driver support for the  GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a chipset used in your board, with the R309.08 driver. This driver is supposed to be compatible with Windows 8, so is the best chance it may work with Windows 10. Did you try it and it doesn't work?

Apparently the generic Windows 10 video driver does not work with the GeForce 7025 chip? What problem or error do you see when you try to install Windows 10?

ASRock only has drivers compatible with Windows 7 and earlier MS products on your board's download page, so I don't understand which "right drivers" you tried to use with Windows 10.

The main problem is Nvidia has stopped manufacturing and supporting the GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a chipset used in your board. If the chip's manufacture no longer provides driver support for that product, there is nothing more a mother board manufacture can do.

Nvidia has let down many customers by not providing Windows 10 driver support for the GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a chipset. That includes the mother board manufactures whom are Nvidia's customer for that chipset.

The R309.08 driver was released on or about February 24, 2015, so the Legacy status has been known for a while now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic