ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGESA 1.0.0.6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 10:42am
Originally posted by nangu nangu wrote:

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by Drain_Bamaged Drain_Bamaged wrote:

How much dang money do you have to spend on a board to see a BIOS update sooner than later? Still waiting w/ x370 Killer SLI.

Sheesh dude. Pull them there panties out yer crack. Tongue LOL

They are making 2 last minute changes I requested.

These apply to the Killer SLI and Killer SLI/ac

Hi @wardog,

Is it possible you can share your findings which forced you to request these changes?

Thanks.

PS: In the future, I hope Asrock will include a detailed changelog when new versions are released.

1. No.

2. Don't hold your breath waiting for changelogs. The competition nowadays precludes one from  doing so. The last co. that produced changelogs was DFI over a decade ago. My Hero. Oskar Wu.
Jakob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 4:01pm
Just fyi, I found an AMD blog on RAM (agesa 1006, though).

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/07/14/memory-oc-showdown-frequency-vs-memory-timings

Good luck to all of you
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by x58haze x58haze wrote:

And additional tweaks like:

Disabling Gear Down Mode, and changes the ProcODT from 53.30 Ohm to 60Ohm
And now pc is doing much better, mouse feel better to play games, but the Visual lag continue in Desktop and bios, but at least the mouse is more nice

I still waiting for more tweaks, it seems that, that person is very teach, he also recommend me to run prime95 with HW64 log in, to monitored all voltages
And he discovered that VRM doesnt warm it keeps under 23 temperatures

i´m so happy hehe :P

What does this have to do with RAM. Shouldn`t FPS be measure of game smoothness?
foppe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:39am
Not really. Low frame render time, and high min frame rates are much more indicative of smoothness than averages or maximums are.
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:23pm
Yeah I know that memory frequency effect most the minimum frame rate, but for mouse smoothness is important current fps, it should have the same feel on the same fps not regerding memory frequencyStern Smile
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Asingo Asingo wrote:

Yeah I know that memory frequency effect most the minimum frame rate, but for mouse smoothness is important current fps, it should have the same feel on the same fps not regerding memory frequencyStern Smile

I don't know but by changing procot from 53.3 to 60OHM, disabling Gearmode down, tweaking sub-timings memory ram like I up'there now the mouse feels more attached to the games, i can drive better in Mario kart 8, i have a better feeling of mouse when playing counter strike, that was, what i said hehe

My fps didn't increase or whatsoever just the sensation of moving the mouse, it doesn't feel like floaty at all, like it use to be.

To me, it seems that memory Tweaks, timings or sub-timings, affects mouse,keyboard,responsiveness.
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by x58haze x58haze wrote:

I don't know but by changing procot from 53.3 to 60OHM, disabling Gearmode down, tweaking sub-timings memory ram like I up'there now the mouse feels more attached to the games, i can drive better in Mario kart 8, i have a better feeling of mouse when playing counter strike, that was, what i said hehe

My fps didn't increase or whatsoever just the sensation of moving the mouse, it doesn't feel like floaty at all, like it use to be.

To me, it seems that memory Tweaks, timings or sub-timings, affects mouse,keyboard,responsiveness.

I read that bios 2.5 have problems with that 53 OHM option. Did new 3.0 bios fix that? I don`t like tweaking in BIOS...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:11pm

I don`t like tweaking in BIOS...

You ... don't?

The BIOS is your friend WinkTongue
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

I don`t like tweaking in BIOS...

You ... don't?

The BIOS is your friend WinkTongue

I don`t like big tweaking; i tweak only what I understand, and these OHM I don`t understand at allConfused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic