ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty FX990 Killer BIOS 1.40

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty FX990 Killer BIOS 1.40
    Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 4:06am
Hi, I just updated BIOS, now my computer wont boot... i know FX9590 its not supported ... but it was booting before bios update ... what can i do to fix that ... plz i need it FAST ... TY!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 12:58pm
This is not the first post I have seen on the subject. It seems that support for the FX9000 series was removed from the bios in the latest update. The only thing I know will work is to get your hands on an AM3 CPU that is supported and install it then flash back to your previous bios.

Semprons can be found dirt cheap these days and you can usually return it within a certain window if you don't want to keep it as a spare.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by earvin earvin wrote:

Hi, I just updated BIOS, now my computer wont boot... i know FX9590 its not supported ... but it was booting before bios update ... what can i do to fix that ... plz i need it FAST ... TY!

I assume "... wont boot" means it won't POST and you can't get into the BIOS?

Otherwise you could run Instant Flash from the BIOS and change to the previous BIOS version.

To bad this board does not have dual CMOS/BIOS chips.

Speaking of which, the CMOS chip on this board is in a socket. Replacing the CMOS/BIOS chip with an earlier BIOS version on it would be another option.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic