ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

asrock X370 k4 gaming + CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 x2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XyrO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: asrock X370 k4 gaming + CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 x2
    Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 5:26am
Hi fellow

Seems i don't pick the "right" memory stick for this motherboard so far (not listed here http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#Memory)

They're actually running at 21xxMhz, do you think i could make those run around 3k mhz?

I wish to RAID
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 6:03am
Memory frequency support is an ongoing issue with Ryzen right now. With each new BIOS update more RAM kits are supported at rated or near rated speeds. 

I believe there will soon be more major UEFI/BIOS updates released that should allow far more RAM kits to run at higher speeds. Take a look at the latest UEFI/BIOS version for your board currently available and make note of the number, when there is a new one released go ahead and update your BIOS to that. If your system is working I would not recommend updating until the new update is released. 

I am currently testing a beta BIOS on my X370 Taichi and it allows both of my RAM kits to operate at much higher frequencies than older versions permitted. My 3600 kit runs at 3200 and my 2800 kit runs at it's rated speed without issue. I believe most RAM kits should benefit from the upcoming updates. I would imagine your kit should benefit too.

When you update be sure to use the instant flash method, it is by far the safest option. 
XyrO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XyrO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 6:34am
Ok then, i'll try to wait a bit then for this update. I read it should be released by end of june right?

Is there a post with ppl sharing their OC parameters of processor/dram with all the value seted ?
I wish to RAID
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic