ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FX990 not booting m.2 to Win 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afione Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FX990 not booting m.2 to Win 10
    Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 4:28pm
Good Day

My FX990 killer AMD is loading windows 10 onto the m.2 card.When windows finished loading and reboots it doesnt boot or show windows boot manager.I can load onto a normal SATA disk and windows boot loader appears.Is this a bios issue?Its a Toshiba 256GB card.

And guidance would be appreciated.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 5:02pm
You're installing Windows with ONLY one drive connected, right?
Afione View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afione Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 5:09pm
Thats correct .I convert to GPT install windows,when its done the pc reboots and its like the m.2 is not seen .if i install onto a sata disk I get a windows boot loader option
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Afione Afione wrote:

Good Day

My FX990 killer AMD is loading windows 10 onto the m.2 card.When windows finished loading and reboots it doesnt boot or show windows boot manager.I can load onto a normal SATA disk and windows boot loader appears.Is this a bios issue?Its a Toshiba 256GB card.

And guidance would be appreciated.

Do you have the 1.60 UEFI/BIOS version installed on your board? That adds NVMe support which is needed to use an NVMe SSD as the OS drive.

What model Toshiba M.2 SSD is it?

When you install Windows 10 on the Toshiba SSD, did you check the entry in the boot order for the Windows 10 installation media? For an NVMe SSD, you need to use the entry with this format: "UEFI: <device name>".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic