ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does HDMI to DVI adaptor work on Beebox-S 7200U ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does HDMI to DVI adaptor work on Beebox-S 7200U ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafofa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does HDMI to DVI adaptor work on Beebox-S 7200U ?
    Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:41pm
Hi ! I'm thinking to buy a Beebox-S 7200U but my monitor is only VGA/DVI. 
I wonder if I can connect it to the HDMI port of the Beebox with an adaptor HDMI > DVI ?
I read somewhere that DP to DVI dongles are not supported, but I can't find anything about HDMI to DVI. Is there anyone here who has done that ?

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:29am
Originally posted by fafofa fafofa wrote:

Hi ! I'm thinking to buy a Beebox-S 7200U but my monitor is only VGA/DVI. 
I wonder if I can connect it to the HDMI port of the Beebox with an adaptor HDMI > DVI ?
I read somewhere that DP to DVI dongles are not supported, but I can't find anything about HDMI to DVI. Is there anyone here who has done that ?

An HDMI to DVI-D adapter should work fine. Note that is DVI-D, which is a digital video connection, not analog. There are DVI-I or DVI-A inputs that may/will be only for analog signals. You must determine what type of DVI input signal your monitor needs.

Otherwise, an HDMI to DVI-D adapter will work fine, as it simply routes the digital video signals from the HDMI connector to the appropriate connections on the DVI-D input. You won't get the HDMI audio connection, since DVI does not support it.

An example of an HDMI to DVI adapter is in the link below. Note that this adapter requires an HDMI cable be used from the PC, which connects to the adapter, and then to the monitor's DVI input:

http://www.cablestogo.com/product/40746/velocity-dvi-d-male-to-hdmi-female-inline-adapter#reviews

This type may be more of what you have in mind:

http://www.cablestogo.com/product/41352/hdmi-male-to-single-link-dvi-d-female-adapter-converter-dongle#reviews
fafofa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafofa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 2:56pm
Hi Parsec, thank you very much for this clear answer ! It's great, I can order now !
fafofa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafofa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:32am
Hi ! Just a quick update to say I got my Beebox-S 7200U, and it works perfectly when connected to a DVI-D input with an HDMI-DVI adaptor. 
I got a little stress at the first try because nothing was coming out on the screen, but I quickly found out the memory card wasn't plugged correctly. After a better adjustement, everything got fine !
Thanks again !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic