ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 driver support for Z77 MB?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by darkstar darkstar wrote:

My AXTU is working fine with Windows 10.

Interesting, thanks for the information.

I need to ask you for some more information, which may help determine what is causing the problem for the others in this thread.

What version of AXTU are you using? UEFI/BIOS version? Processor you use in this board?

Are you using Win 10 with its drivers, or did you install some on your own? How about via Windows Update?

No problem, using AXTU version 0.1.257, UEFI 2.90, and I have an i7-3770k processor.

I'm using Windows 10's drivers cept for my geforce July 29th video card drivers and the realtek audio drivers version R2.79. No specific windows updates.

Edited by darkstar - 03 Aug 2015 at 4:45pm
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
i7-3770K @ 4.0 ghz
8 gb ram
GTX 970
Asrockuser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 5:28pm

[/QUOTE]
Besides the Intel chipsets needing an IRST driver to provide RAID, which is a given, I don't get your point.

Win 10 has the "inbox" IRST driver iastorav.sys (iastorAV) and even the older Matrix Storage Manager driver, iastorv.sys (iastorV). The iastorav.sys driver in Win 10 is from IRST version 13.2.0.1022.

How the Intel Chipset "drivers" are affecting an Nvidia graphics chip video card is interesting.
[/QUOTE]

That is even more interesting, how did you find out what version of IRST is in Windows? 
When I upgraded to Windows 10, I had to upgrade the Nvidia driver to the latest 353.62 drivers and it made my gaming experience a lot smoother.  That was the only driver I updated other than Logitech Gaming Software drivers.   I used 353.06 in Windows 7.  

The default inf driver Windows 10 came with were good enough, I felt they could have been a little better so I installed the Windows 7 inf drivers that came with my motherboard, that's when I noticed the lag, and tried others as well.  I did a few random test on my hdd that showed less speed compared to my windows 7 machine, I will have to test my ssd next and I'll let you know what I find. 

Edited by Asrockuser - 03 Aug 2015 at 5:38pm
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4266mhz 1.45v
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 870
Asus XG248Q 240hz
Seasonic 850W Platinum PSU
darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 4:21am
My AXTU stopped working mysteriously today with the error 0xFFFE "This utility is not for this platform" and "Cannot change visible in OnShow or OnHide"
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
i7-3770K @ 4.0 ghz
8 gb ram
GTX 970

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 5:47am
Okay after a reformat and without Samsung magician my sequential read speed for my Samsung 840 pro is 520 MB/s which is around 35 MB/s less than what I ususally get and the same for my hdd, 40Mb/s less compared to when Intel RST is installed, I don't see the service running so maybe it works for raid 0 but not without it.

There is no process running either and everything has been loading slower than when IRST is installed.

I've read a lot of people have problems with Samsung magician software not working correctly was well which I will look into later.
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
Asus XG248Q 240hz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 10:04am
After I installed Samsung magician my Samsung 840 Pro sequential read and write speeds are back to normal, 555MB/s read and 470MB/s write.  My only problem with Samsung Magician is Rapid Mode is disabled in Windows 10.  But that's not really a big problem.

As far as some testing done on the hard drive, I'm noticing the sequential read and write test are unstable vs eachother; however all above the manufactures stated read/write speeds.  That includes with IRST installed and uninstalled.  I do notice less mouse input lag with my old version of IRST in Windows 7 when gaming.   

Nvidia did remove Display Scaling from their drivers which may be one of the culprits of mouse input lag.  I much preferered it and it was default, whenever enabling GPU scaling, the lag came. 

As far as the Realtek drivers go, I see Windows 10 has a driver made in june this year so that could be part of the screeching noise problem I hear when I load games.  That's not really a suprise either.  I did try installing version 7004 and I had the same problem but I'll give 6559 a shot next.

As of my last reformat, I'm not installing other inf drivers because that is where I had a lot of lag.
WIndows 10 default will have to do for now. 

And I haven't tested AXTU, I don't use it but I'll give it a shot and see what happends.

Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
Asus XG248Q 240hz
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 3:02pm
All SSD speeds change with use, as we use them more they don't perform as well as they do in the "FOB" state, Fresh Out of Box.

Unless you secure erase a SSD, it is not in its 100% unused state. A format does not do that.

A small loss of sequential speed is nothing to worry about. Plus if you first tested your SSD as an empty, non-OS drive, and then test it again while acting as an OS drive that is doing things for the OS while it is being benchmarked, the comparison is not the same.

The Intel IRST driver is both a RAID and AHCI driver. You can install it with the SATA mode set to AHCI just fine. Single drives used in RAID mode are treated as if the SATA mode is AHCI. The driver being used is the same.

If you open Device Manager, and then open Storage Controllers, you'll see the entry for the IRST RAID device:

New versions of IRST are not continuous improvements in performance, but new features and bug fixes. The fastest version of IRST is considered to be version 11.2. If you check the datasheet for the Samsung 840 Pro, the fine print states Samsung used IRST 11.2 in AHCI mode for the performance specs in that document.

If you have the Samsung Magician software installed, run it and at the very bottom click on the System Info button. Expand the System Summary entry on the left, and then expand the IDE and SCSI Controller entries. You may or may not have both.

The Magician software has never recognized RAID mode correctly, it tells you that you are not in AHCI mode, right? That is false, RAID mode has all the features of AHCI.

Regarding the chipset installers and your mouse, whatever works best for you is the best.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 4:49pm
That all makes sense and thank you for that input, it's very helpful Parsec.

I installed the Realtek 6559 version that was for Win 7 but it works better than the 7004 and the default Win 10 version for sound but I still hear a little noise when I load games, it's easily overlookable.

And so far AXTU hasn't crashed, it seems to be running fine in the background but I don't use it.

Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
Asus XG248Q 240hz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrockuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 8:53am
Asrock AXTU has been running on my system a few days, my only problem with it is the CPU RPM drops to 0 in spurts then back to 2000 RPM, after I uninstalled it, it seems to work normally at 2000 RPM with no drops.  I'm using HDINFOx64.

Maybe the HDINFOx64 is not compatible with AXTU or something? I am not sure but I bet it has something to do with it and the sensors.
Asrock Z590 Extreme
I9-11900k
Asus XG248Q 240hz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic