ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi - bluetooth dead but WIFI works???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChosenBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 10:48pm
I know this a day late and a dollar short, but I have seen this on Dell Laptops too. I find the most common cause is the WiFi/BT Card.
Make sure the Computer is off, remove the screw holding it in place, remove the card and make sure the metal contacts are clean, then reinsert the card and screw back in place. most of the time this will resolve it more permanently unless you get up and go with your desktop often, then it may come slightly loose or change position in it's slot causing the issue to reoccur.
Zendal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zendal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 5:41pm
This issue still exists. Bios 4.40
valerian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valerian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 4:02pm
Since several weeks I have the integrated Bluetooth adapter that stoped working. It is no more listed in the Device Manager. At its place is a unrecognized USB device.
I tried many workaround and finally succeed to make it working.
The motherboard is an ASROCK X370 Taichi.
Here is the list of all my changes that may not be all needed.
1) Update of the bios to P4.80
2) In the bios I set the BT adapter to ON.
3) After booting the computer I installed the Intel BT driver V20.70.0.4
4) In the device manager I install manually a Microsoft Wireless Wifi router.
5) Then I shut down the computer and remove the power for 5 minutes.
6) At start up I change the BT option in the bios to AUTO.
Miracle, after booting, in the device manager the BT adapter is recognized!
alee685 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alee685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 11:36am
I have this same motherboard and I just wanted to register an account to tell you thank you and that this worked!

On a side note, does anyone know where the bluetooth/wifi card is on this board so if we need to upgrade it in the future we can?
valerian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valerian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 3:56pm
My pleasure, I passed many hours before finding that trick.My Bluetooth link is still working hopefully
The Bluetooth/Wifi board is removable as I was able to change it under warranty (the 5 GHz was not working). You need to remove the board from the computer to access the screws on the bottom side. Removing the white plastic cover above the rear connectors is needed in the process.
But I do not know if the BT/Wifi board form factor is standard.
octavio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octavio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 4:59am
I know it's 2021, but I also have this issue with my Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac some times. Turns out that unplugging the desktop from power for about a minute and turning it back on fixes the issue. It's quite intermittent
Banzarti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banzarti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 1:05am
it worked for me after hours of trying different solutions in vain. I registered in purpose to thank you from the future (September 2021) :O)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic