ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wireless Lan driver for windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtletorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wireless Lan driver for windows 10
    Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 5:08am
hey guys,

so im thinking of updating my extreme 6 ac to windows 10 but I can't seem to find the WLAN driver for 10 and only for 8.1 is available. I was wondering if its alright to install the 8.1 on 10. I need to use wifi for my pc so I didnt want to risk it before asking here first.

thanks!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 12:42pm
Of course you can install the WLAN driver for Win 8.1 on Win 10, what harm would it do?

At worst if it didn't work, you can use the Rollback driver option in the Device Manager entry for the ASRock/Broadcom WLAN device.

Windows 10 might have a driver included with it that it would use during the installation. Also, Windows Update will search for and install a driver for that device if none is installed by the Win 10 installer, or you.

So far I also don't see a Win 10 driver for your WLAN, but one could be added at any time. There are many drivers with a single version that is used in multiple versions of Windows.

I would not worry about using the Win 8.1 driver with Win 10. The worst that could happen is it wouldn't install for some reason, or not work well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic