ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Help] AB350 Pro4 fan speed control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach1928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Help] AB350 Pro4 fan speed control
    Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:20pm
Is there a way for this board to automatically adjust fan speeds for the chassis? The A-Tuning software shows all my case fans consistently running between 1200-1300 RPM which is extremely annoying when I'm not doing anything besides web browsing. In the BIOS, I only saw options to set it at Standard, performance, quiet, and custom. I saw on some intel boards that there is an auto feature to basically set a target temp and the board will control the speeds accordingly. Does my board have the same feature?

nangu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nangu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 2:53am
Hi,

I do not own that board, but if the fan settings are similar than mine, you can set your desired target temps and fan speed % in the "custom" option.

Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:15pm
All those settings are like "auto", each one allowing a faster MAX speed at certain temps. Custom allows u to set your own speeds for different tempatures. It sounds like you have your fans set to "full speed" which will make them run maxed out all the time.
Zach1928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach1928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

All those settings are like "auto", each one allowing a faster MAX speed at certain temps. Custom allows u to set your own speeds for different tempatures. It sounds like you have your fans set to "full speed" which will make them run maxed out all the time.

OK, so I just went back into the BIOS and set them to "silent", and per the A-Tuning app they are running the same as before. Perhaps they're just junky? I've got two NZXT FNv2's that came with my case, as well as two of the Coolermaster's set to intake.
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:29pm
In my experience the A-Tuning app does not store or adjust the fan settings unless it loads at start up. It does not change the UEFI settings either Unhappy. Use something like HWiNFO to see your fan rpms. When you selected silent did the fan noise diminish? If it did then the UEFI is controlling the fan speeds and you can see them in the UEFI,...changes take place AFTER reboot. If you want "total" control of your case fans use 4-pin PWM fans.

It takes a bit of UEFI work but a custom setting is probably your best bet for noise and heat control.
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:53pm
You should be able to hear them rev up or down...try gaming or benchmarking to get your CPU warmed up and see if you can hear the fans rev up faster. I personally have never used "A tuning"

Something to note...Ive owned coolermaster 120s before...they are far from silent...they say something like >20 db but they are way louder...theres a constant whooshing...
Zach1928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach1928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:39pm
Per the UEFI, the rear exhaust dropped to 500~, however the top exhaust and the front two intakes (both 3 pin's on a 3 pin splitter) won't go below 1200. A-Tuning seems to be consistent with UEFI. I think I might need to get some better fans. Also, is the wraith stealth a pretty noisy unit? I'm looking to get this machine to quiet down; the S340 case doesn't dampen much.
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 12:03am
I dont know if that splitter will cause you trouble with the rpm monitor however from expierence Im willing to bet your noise issue is the coolermasters.

If u dont care about color/leds or looks you can get cougar turbine 120s 4-packs for sub $30. These are rated at 16-18 db for 60-65 cfm.
Zach1928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach1928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 4:13am
I ordered a couple Coolermaster 140's that are rated for 16db with 60 cfm off Amazon. They look similar to the Cougars, but with 2 day shipping ha. Lets see if they're any better
Jm62383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jm62383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:03am
I have actually heard the cm 140s are better than the 120s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic