ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Want a new PC? This could be useful for you

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want a new PC? This could be useful for you
    Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:09pm
So, you want a new PC. Thats awesome! However, you are perhaps a first timer, or maybe you have been out of the game for a while so aren't sure what to get. I'll avoid going in to a lot of details right now and instead starting with a budget to money as no object builds list some configurations that are all extremely high quality and highly capable for their price. All builds will include a monitor, keyboard and mouse for sake of completeness. Each system will also be AMD based, no this is not a bias I own multiple intel and AMD builds the reason for these builds being AMD is just because as of now AMD are just offering a whole lot more for your money while also still having fantastic performance.

Budget build:

You need a new PC, but you have a limited budget and want to get the best you can for that budget. Thats cool, a lot of us are like this. Here is a configuration that will keep you going for quite some time;

R5 1400, 8GB 2400MHz RAM, 4GB GTX1050Ti £658

This is the standard no frills build, but with some notable points. Firstly it is configured to accommodate numerous heavy weight upgrades in the future should you want to upgrade aspects of it. It also to a good degree avoids the infinity fabric issue (again for keeping things simple we won't get in to details about this) you'll be able to play games but don't expect to be able to play every game with maximum settings, and out of the gate all of the tools are there for this system to be overclocked to get even more performance and value for your money.

Gamers build:

So you are more of a gamer than a casual and you want something thats going to pack a good punch without having to worry about upgrades for a while but without going too mad on the price. No problem, we can do that.

R5 1600, 16GB 3000MHz RAM, 4GB RX570 £970

Ultimate build:

So money is no object and you want something that is flat out awesome. No problem. Bare in mind that this build will contain components that I consider a waste of money for the performance benefits they offer over other parts but hey.. those with more money than sense will buy it.

R7 1800X, 32GB 3200MHz RAM, 11GB GTX1080Ti £2677

Balanced / Hybrid build

So, now this is more the kind of build I go with when building a system for myself. Extremely powerful, making no real compromise, but at a price considerably more reasonable.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/gY38f8 R7 1700, 16GB 3200MHz RAM, 8GB RX580 £1631

No doubt there could well be a plethora of questions this has all been done to keep things as simple and as straightforward as possible with me avoiding the technicalities to avoid writing a essay and so as not to confuse people but if there are any questions just ask :)

A word on the operating system:

Simply said, check ebay with the search term "Windows 10 Pro OEM key". You will find many completely legitimate places selling keys for £5-10, from there you just have to download a ISO file with the windows media creation tool and you are good to go.

Edited by ket - 20 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm
AlfonsoHas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfonsoHas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:14pm
I like this post. Sound choices for all the price points.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 6:59pm
I've been in this game a long time, over that time I've seen many manufacturers come and go as well as learned which manufacturers should be avoided. I just hope these template builds prove useful to people.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic