ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 Ryzen No Post/Boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 Ryzen No Post/Boot
    Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 11:56pm
Just put together a new system. Got it to boot first time - did bios update right away from the bios itself (internet download). Came back later to blank screen. Now no post at all.

Things i've tried:
-Replace/move Ram sticks
-re-seat cpu
-different monitors
-different GPUs
-clear CMOS

Any suggestions or is thing dead and I need to RMA it?

Specs:
AB350M Pro4
Ryzen 1700x 
Corsair 3200 DDR4 2x8
GTX 1070
Corsair H60 water cooler
Samsung m.2 drive

Thanks in advance!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 11:03am
Originally posted by jethomas jethomas wrote:

Just put together a new system. Got it to boot first time - did bios update right away from the bios itself (internet download). Came back later to blank screen. Now no post at all.

Things i've tried:
-Replace/move Ram sticks
-re-seat cpu
-different monitors
-different GPUs
-clear CMOS

Any suggestions or is thing dead and I need to RMA it?

Specs:
AB350M Pro4
Ryzen 1700x 
Corsair 3200 DDR4 2x8
GTX 1070
Corsair H60 water cooler
Samsung m.2 drive

Thanks in advance!

Did you get the PC to boot into an installed OS, or did you simply get it to complete POST into the UEFI/BIOS?

Since you used Internet Flash, did you have a USB Flash drive in one of the USB ports on the IO panel? That is part of using Internet Flash.

Given what you said you did to fix the problem, which involved shutting down the PC and removing power, the board is probably bricked. Turning off the board after an incomplete, interrupted, or failed UEFI/BIOS update will result in a corrupted UEFI/BIOS, sorry to say.

The following is from the "How to Update" help instructions for the Instant Flash update method, but applies to all update types:

If you encounter problems while updating the new BIOS, DO NOT turn off your system since this corrupt BIOS might cause your system failed to boot up. Just repeat the process, and if the problem still persists, update the original BIOS file. If the Flash Memory Writer utility was not able to successfully update a complete BIOS file, your system may not be able to boot up. If this happens, your system will need service.
jethomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 2:43am
No, only to the bios screen - didn't even get to OS level installation first. While it was downloading the update i switched inputs on the monitor back to my MacBook. When I returned, that was when it was just a black screen. I did have a usb key in it at the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic