ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Impossible to activate XMP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dev22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:17pm
EXACTLY SAME PROBLEM!!!

I just bought ASROCK AB350M-HDV, paid extra compared to A320M to be able to overclock, but it is not possible!! I can't even load the correct XMP profile. No option to change it, no Advanced\AMD CBS\DRAM Timing Configuration. Exactly same result as in the screenshots/video above, no chance to adjust anything. BIOS v3.20 updated!

RAM: Patriot Viper Elite Series 8GB KIT DDR4 2400Mhz CL15 RED (2x4 GB)
CPU: AMD A8-9600

ASROCK DO SOMETHING PLS!

Edited by dev22 - 27 Oct 2017 at 9:22pm
brendanw36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendanw36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:49pm
Omg is everyone having this problem.  I'm so pissed a the ASRock boards.  I have the AB350 Pro4 with A8-9600 and I had no overclock settings.  Somebody told me that ASRock had a beta BIOS that fixed this so I inquired to support and they gave me P3.20B BIOS.  I know have a CPU multiplier and DRAM settings too!!!  Don't hold your breath though because they don't work at all.  OC to 3.6 GHz and Windows reports base clock as 3.6 GHz but when stress testing it will never actually go over 3.4 GHz (The turbo boost speed) when turbo boost/core performance boost (AMD's name for turbo boost) and if I disable core performance boost it won't work over 3.1 GHz (the out of the box base clock speed).  I'm so mad at these sh*tty ASRock boards.  I should've gone with Gigabyte or Asus because their OC for APUs actually works.  ASRock support is also brain dead, because when I originally told them that OC didn't work they just told me that the A8-9600 is not unlocked to which I responded by linking them AMD's spec page which said it was unlocked.  If you want the BIOS and try it for yourself let me know.  I can link you a download for it if you trust me or you can contact ASRock support yourself and ask for a beta BIOS.  Might take a few days though.

Edited by brendanw36 - 27 Oct 2017 at 9:50pm
jcoiner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:54pm
Is that P3.20B BIOS using AGESA 1.0.0.7 yet? The new AGESA is supposed to add support for Raven Ridge. Maybe it will also improve support for Bristol Ridge.

It's promising to see UI controls for OC on Bristol Ridge in the beta bios. Maybe when the next stable BIOS is out those controls will be fully implemented.
brendanw36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendanw36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:28pm
I don't think so.  Ages 1007 isn't supposed to come out til November and I doubt ASRock would be handing out secret microcode.  On top of that other boards like from Asus and Gigabyte have full functional overclocking on Agesa 1006b so I'm assuming that ASRock just wasn't ready for the APU release and they can't even make a working BIOS to fix it.
sariklo88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sariklo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:25am
i have Cpu: Amd A8 9600 Mobo: Asrock ab350m pro4ram: corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4) DDR4-2400MHz (CMK8GX4M2A2400C14R) bios:3.40
i have overclock cpu at 3.8 without change the volt.... but my ram run at 2133Mhz and the xmp profil dont work... what can i do to run at 2400 ???
destroyer25t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote destroyer25t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:44am
GUYS! This problem are resolved in [Beta] 4.63 version of BIOS. I had problem like you, but after update i see all settings.
hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:46am
Both computer with that, I sent to Venezuela (my family). My mom and fatther. Old people... Not BIOS upgrade possible, only teamviewer for helping with windows....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic