ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ryzen 5 1600 + Fatality AB350 K4 Slow POST Times
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 5 1600 + Fatality AB350 K4 Slow POST Times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahuszti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen 5 1600 + Fatality AB350 K4 Slow POST Times
    Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 8:39am
Hi All,

I've recently built the following computer and it's taking ~20 seconds for the computer to post and for the 'Asrock' logo to appear. The actual OS loads really quickly, around 20 seconds. I've flashed the latest version 3.0 BIOS. I've read around that many are having similar experiences with new AM4 MOBO's, just curious if anyone else is having the same issues? Is there anything I can do to reduce the post time?

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Mobo: Fatality AB350 Gaming K4
GPU: Evga GTX1080 superclocked 
RAM: 2 x Team Dark 8GB DDR4-3000
SSD (Boot Drive): Samsung 850EVO 250GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
Wifi: TP Link Archer T9E

pc part picker build link: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/QpKBD3

Should also note I've overclocked the RAM to 2933 in the BIOS. AM4 boot training is currently on. I noticed if I set the RAM to standard clocks and turn off boot training, it shaves a few seconds off of the post.

Thanks!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Ahuszti Ahuszti wrote:

Hi All,

I've recently built the following computer and it's taking ~20 seconds for the computer to post and for the 'Asrock' logo to appear. The actual OS loads really quickly, around 20 seconds. I've flashed the latest version 3.0 BIOS. I've read around that many are having similar experiences with new AM4 MOBO's, just curious if anyone else is having the same issues? Is there anything I can do to reduce the post time?

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Mobo: Fatality AB350 Gaming K4
GPU: Evga GTX1080 superclocked 
RAM: 2 x Team Dark 8GB DDR4-3000
SSD (Boot Drive): Samsung 850EVO 250GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
Wifi: TP Link Archer T9E

pc part picker build link: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/QpKBD3

Should also note I've overclocked the RAM to 2933 in the BIOS. AM4 boot training is currently on. I noticed if I set the RAM to standard clocks and turn off boot training, it shaves a few seconds off of the post.

Thanks!

If you have AM4 Advance(d) Boot Training disabled, that is the best you can do to generally decrease startup/POST time. You don't need Boot Training on to get you memory OC working if you have your memory configured correctly, or is Ryzen compatible.

No idea what OS you are using, but if Windows 8.1 or 10, don't forget that Windows Fast Startup is only active from a cold boot/shutdown situation, not on a restart.

Twenty seconds for Windows to load from an 850 EVO is pretty slow, are you using a fresh Windows (??) installation? That time is after the single POST Ok beep, with the Windows start screen displayed.

Otherwise, POST may be waiting for your HDD to wakeup, nothing can fix that except removing it.

Ahuszti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahuszti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:16am
Thanks for the reply. The twenty seconds is just for the post, the boot time is a few seconds and doesn't seem to be causing any issues. 

Should also note I'm using Windows 10 Educational. It's a fresh install of Windows, just set the whole thing up a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Ahuszti - 05 Sep 2017 at 10:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic