ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buggy bios, Asrock Extreme 6/3.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buggy bios, Asrock Extreme 6/3.1
    Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 6:40am
Just got Asrock Extreme 6/3.1 (new version) mobo from newegg 2 days ago.

bios is buggy.  Bios date is 5/2015 and no updates on their site.  Returning from sleep mode, the multi is fixed at 12, so 1200 mhz even on cpu full load.  This is with any manual input for cpu multi and then return from sleep mode.  Requires reboot to fix...boot time is 45 seconds on fresh windows 10 load...was 20 seconds on 4790/z97.  Sleep bug is a deal breaker, goes back to newegg for different board if no fix is available to try.   Turning off speedstep/eist/c1, etc and setting cpu min process in windows to 100%, none of that works.   There is nothing in this current bios that will alter this behavoir that I can see.

Many other bugs like the cache multi with 40 set in bios, may boot at 37 or 38.  But deal breaker is sleep mode borked.

Any beta bios to try before I return to newegg for refund?

Can I flash Asrock Extreme 6/3.1 with the Asrock Extreme 6 bios?  Notice a sleep mode improvement in that bios.  Or was the revision different enough where cant use same bios?

Edited by rge - 10 Aug 2015 at 6:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic