ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty 990FX Killer BIOS 1.40 removed !?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty 990FX Killer BIOS 1.40 removed !?
    Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 7:04pm
I own a Fatal1ty 990FX Killer and at beginning of this month i have updated the UEFI Bios to version 1.40

Why version 1.40 is not avaiable anymore to download from website  (http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20990FX%20Killer/?cat=Download&os=BIOS) ?

L.E. Just saw in other discussions that 1.40 blocked AMD FX 9000 CPUs , should i downgrade to 1.30 ?

Edited by noname - 12 Aug 2015 at 5:38am
net2paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote net2paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 5:01pm
Good question.
I already updated to 1.40 through Windows.
The system is stable and boot faster.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:20pm
It is most likely that the removal of FX 9k support with 1.40 was either unintentional or has been reconsidered. I find it refreshing to see that ASRock has taken it down, it shows they care about their customers and are actively tying to make sure no one else is negatively effected by the BIOS update in question.

To answer your question, unless you plan on upgrading to an FX 9k series processor in the near future I would stick with 1.40, it does implement other updates and fixes aside from removing FX 9k support. Just bare in mind the FX 9k series won't work with 1.40 should you decide to upgrade in the future.

No doubt there will be a new update soon without the removal of FX 9k support. The issue only effected users of the FX 9k series so if it is working for you there is no need to revert to 1.30. 
noname View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 5:34pm
1.50 bios out : Add warning massage when unsupported CPU installed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic