ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

"AXTU" not working on Windows10?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonzoHR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "AXTU" not working on Windows10?
    Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 7:44pm
"AXTU" (AsRock Xtreme Tuning Utility) was very helpful piece of software that I use for long time. After upgrading Win7 to Win10 can't use it anymore because "AXTU" is not supported for Win10 platforms. Any  solutions for how to install "AXTU" on Win10 (windows compatibility, run as admin.. etc. doesn't work) or is there any replacement for "AXTU" that support Win10? Maybe some diferent AsRock OC utility that is compatible with my motherboard: - 990fx Extreme3

Thank you...

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:50am
So your board's AXTU version 0.1.381.2 won't install on Win 10?

That's a shame, I've been able to use the similar ASRock utilities with three different ASRock Intel chipset boards and Win 10, they all work fine.

The various ASRock utilities (AXTU, A-Tuning, Formula Drive) have versions that are shared between quite a few boards, but are designed to work only with specific boards. So another utility will not work for your board at all

Questions for you, did you do the Win 10 upgrade installation that MS offers, or did you install Win 10 fresh with a Win 10 product key?

If you did the Win 10 upgrade installation, how many of the programs you installed with Win 7 remained afterwards? Such as AXTU?

I always did fresh installations of the Win 10 TP versions, and bought a Win 10 installation disk and key. So I always installed A-Tuning from scratch every time.

If you run the Windows uninstaller on the ASRock utilities, all their files are not removed. The files for A-Tuning and  AXTU are stored in Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\AXTU.

I don't know positively, but perhaps your installation fails because the AXTU files from the Win 7 installation were still there. You can delete those files yourself.

After installing Win 10, did you run the AMD all in 1 driver ver:15.20.1060 installation program for Win 10 for your board?

What BIOS/UEFI version are you using now? I suggest using at least version 1.50, whose updates for Win 8 are also used by Win 10.
GonzoHR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonzoHR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 8:08pm
Thx for reply...

1. NO... I did install AXTU version (0.1.381.2) on windows 10 with no problem at all, but when I try run AXTU, it says "not for this platform"... so its clear that AXTU is not compatibile with win10.

2. First I install win10 (dont know build) from ISO, and AXTU did work... then I switch back to windows7... after that I upgrade back to win10 but from microsoft site (online update win7 to win10), and now it doesn't work anymore... too bad

3. I didnt install nothing - "clean instalation"... few prog's from win7 was: "Winrar", "totalcommander", "winamp"..."ccleaner"... nothing that could affect on AXTU.

4. Yes I put all new drivers... didnt install anything else except mbo,gpu, sound.. last drivers...  and didn't install any other MBO utility.. except AXTU.

5. Yup... last bios is on MBO (1.50)

There was no old instalation files of "AXTU"...

I hope that AsRock will quickly correct the incompatibility problem with AXTU... MBO 990FX Extreme 3 is still good MBO, and it deserve support from manufacturer...

thx for effort...

GonzoHR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonzoHR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:00pm
Problem solved!

I try to install AXTU once again on windows 10 x64, by default AXTU installer put files in:
c:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\AXTU\ -
DOESN'T WORK

Now I made new install path and put AXTU in windows 10 x64 program files folder:
c:\Program Files\ASRock Utility\AXTU\ - WORK

AXTU works on Windows 10 (x64) platform!

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:28pm
It is likely you accidentally installed the 32 bit version given how you got it to work, that or the link to the 64 bit version for your board was linking to the 32 bit version. Either way, I am glad you got it working, thanks for posting back Smile
GonzoHR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonzoHR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 11:27pm
No... I already take that as "could be my mistake"... wrong platftorm (x86 x64)... but that was not a issue... problem is in communication between new OS and software.. thats old story... they just need some time to make everthing work, I understand that, but cmon... making changes in few lines of software with new API is not that hard... and doesnt take long time
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 1:14am
I'm glad the different installation path worked for you, but I'm wondering why it did work.

There is only one version of AXTU for 32bit or 64bit for your board, ver:0.1.381.2. That's true for the A-Tuning utility for my X99 board, or my Z97 Extreme6 board, only one version for 32bit and 64bit.

I have Win 10 64bit, and the A-Tuning default installation path is in the Program Files (x86) folder. That's where A-Tuning is installed in my Win 10 64bit installation, and works fine.

So IMO a mystery why that worked for you, maybe something related to an AMD board.
GonzoHR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonzoHR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 4:04am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I'm glad the different installation path worked for you, but I'm wondering why it did work.

There is only one version of AXTU for 32bit or 64bit for your board, ver:0.1.381.2. That's true for the A-Tuning utility for my X99 board, or my Z97 Extreme6 board, only one version for 32bit and 64bit.

I have Win 10 64bit, and the A-Tuning default installation path is in the Program Files (x86) folder. That's where A-Tuning is installed in my Win 10 64bit installation, and works fine.

So IMO a mystery why that worked for you, maybe something related to an AMD board.

True my friend... but take to consider that every software is mom and dad to hardwer... (tell you what to do) i blame AsRock for API, but it in most case... WE USER's have diferent platform, diferent hardware, diferent way to use computer... and WE must tell for problem, and post solutions if we have one... so... for me this is end of my problem, but I hope that this post gonna help someone

GonzoHR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonzoHR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 4:12am
One more thing....  AllIn1(v15.20.1060_9) this new AMD drivers have issue with Zotac 9800GTX+... I aint gonna open new thread for this... but something is wrong with instaling older NVIDIA drivers... I dont blame anyone, cuz we all know what was with Vista before or jumping from one OS to another... microsoft should do better... AsRock... same thing...

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 5:19am
Thanks for posting back with your findings, I am sure someone will find it useful.

I had similar problems with my old 8600GT and windows 8 before the card died. Sadly once Nvidia decides to make a card "legacy" there isn't much anyone can do. I would try a driver cleaner to get rid of all AMD and Nvidia drivers then install the all in one first then the Nvidia GPU drivers, that should alleviate the problem. 

Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic