ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Win 7 USB Patcher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaderSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 11:05am
I wound up getting Windows 7 installed by using a PS2 keyboard I bought used from a computer shop.  Once I got into windows I was able to get the driver disk included with the motherboard to install the drivers and am now up and running.

I tried following the codeabitwiser.com instructions and had the same exact problem as with the Asrock patcher.  I also tried another a patcher from another motherboard supplier and that failed in the same way as well.  I formatted the drive each time to get a clean install.

I do have an issue where several pieces of hardware are showing up with issues in the device manager, there seem to be no problems.

I'm still not able to get into the UEFI because I don't have a monitor to plug the computer into.  I've ordered a DVI-D to VGA converter so I can see if the TV will show the bios via VGA.  If that doesn't work, I will have to buy a monitor just for that purpose.  
TimH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 1:36am
EVGA just released a BIOS with USB support for Win7 installations.

Hopefully ASROCK will do the same soon. The Patcher doesn't seem to be working for many people.
VaderSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaderSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 11:33am
There is a PS/2 Emulator in the ASRock BIOS that may have gotten me through the Windows 7 setup, but since I was unable to get into the BIOS until today, I have no idea if that would have solved the problem.

A GoFanco active DVI-D to VGA converter allowed me to connect to a TV that has a VGA port so I was able to get into the BIOS.   Skylake also removes VGA support, on top of USB 2.0

I find it ironic that OS/2 is still supported, as it is much older tech,
SonOfMore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SonOfMore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 8:23am
I've successfully created the USB Windows 7 media for my OC Formula z170 board with my Samsung 950 Pro. When I go to install though, it tells me that...

My second issue I've been having is that I have a legitimate copy of Windows 7 64 bit Pro OEM edition. I used the Windows 7 patcher program provided by ASRock to create an USB stick install of Windows 7 for a Series 100 chipset. Whenever I've tried to install via that stick, the following error message pops up once the install starts: "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing".

I've tried switching USB ports as recommended by Microsoft's support community, but that didn't resolve the issue. I've been using the USB 2.0 to insert the thumb drive. Is there any way to install and activate Windows 7 by overcoming this issue? I've reformatted the USB drive and repatched the image again to the USB stick using the latest patcher version.

I have nothing else connected to my computer in the way of DVD/CD ROM drives.

ASRock tech support responded to my email with this:

For the Windows 7, The Samsung 950 Pro required UEFI mode Windows installation due to this drive does not have POST firmware.

After create Windows 7 installation media for Intel 100 series  (Windows 7 USB Patcher).

Please follow the steps below.

To Install UEFI mode for Windows 7/8/8.1/10

1.      Press F11 repeatedly when system is started to bring boot menu (see below image for sample).

2.      Choose the drive ?œUEFI: your Windows installation drive??to boot (below image is USB drive for sample actual may be ODD drive).

3.      Follow the Windows installation.

The problem is, when I hit F11 when the computer first starts, it just brings me to the Windows install prompt if the USB media stick is inserted, or if it isn't inserted, it just goes to the UEFI. It never actually loads the F11 boot menu.

Plockets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plockets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 12:13am
Has anyone ever gotten the PoS ASRock Win7 USB patcher program to work on a non ASRock motherboard? I just tried to use v2.0.9 on my Biostar board that I am trying to upgrade, and the first thing that happened was I got 4 consecutive "Drive Not Ready" popups for Drive A: (of course I don't have a drive A:, who the hell has had a drive A: since nearly 20 years ago?), with "Cancel" "Try Again" and "Continue" options before the program even launched.

After it finally launches, the program didn't even present the option to include any other drivers, but only to create an exact copy of a selected Windows 7 install into an ISO in another location. You know, if I wanted to copy my installation ISO to another location, I didn't need to waste 15 minutes of my life using this crappy program to do it, Windows has had drag and copy functionality since before the '90s.
NewGuyInTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewGuyInTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Plockets Plockets wrote:

Has anyone ever gotten the PoS ASRock Win7 USB patcher program to work on a non ASRock motherboard?

I've gotten the patcher program to run, but when I go to install Windows 7 on my new build, I still get the "cannot find drivers" error. What makes it even more confusing is that the guide video provided by ASRock seems to be using a different version of the program than the one on this page.

I've tried with ASRock's utility, and I've tried with the official Intel utility. Neither work at all. I still get the same "cannot find drivers" error when I try to install Windows on my new build. Has anyone at all managed to successfully install Windows 7 on a Z170 motherboard without using an optical drive? If so, please share the method you used.
ucsmfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ucsmfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 2:59am
I am having the same problem.

Have u solved urs ?

I still can't install Windows 7 on Asrock Taichi mobo with ryzen 7
tor11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tor11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 2:22am
Perhaps tool is (still) broken.

I was able to solve it the other way as I said on the second page of this topic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic