ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[X370 Killer SLI] Overclock problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syriochan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [X370 Killer SLI] Overclock problems
    Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:07am
Hi, i purchased this motherboard but never tried overclock (on ryzen). I overclocked many times before but this motherboard behaves crazily.

I tried going 3,9Ghz with 1,3 vcore, pc booted, passed a 20min stress test with aida 64, then i rebooted, but it got stuck. It wont even show up post (asrock splash screen). I did a reset cmos, tried to boot normally and everything was fine.

Then i tried to overclock again with 3,9Ghz and 1,35 vcore, it is overkill as it has passed a 20min stress test, but it's stuck again without showing post. Reset Cmos and everything is fine.

I bought this motherboard for the overclocking capacity but it seems that i have some weird bugs going on. I dont want to RMA it if i can, is there anything i can do to troubleshoot it?

Bios 3.20
Config in signature
Asrock x370 killer SLI
Ryzen 1500x
HyperX predator 3000Mhz
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:06am
have you got the small pc speaker connected and if so what is the beep beep error code ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Syriochan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syriochan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:31pm
Didn't really mount that. BTW i solved it:

This motherboard doesn't like direct voltage input, if you encounter the same problems i've encountered before, you can overclock with the offset option:

• Enter OC tweaker
  • CPU frequency switch to manual
  • Enter your targeted frequency and LEAVE the voltage as is (for me it was 1,235)
  • Go to CPU Vcore Voltage and set it to offset
  • The offset value is determined by the difference of your vcore value target and the cpu voltage in the menu above (for example, i want to reach 1.35, so 1.35-1.235 = 0,115)
  • you're good to go!
LLC: setting up your LLC results in a more stable overclock. Level 3 is good, Level 1 is better, level 1 will increase heavily temperatures, so do it only if you have a liquid cooler and you wanna reach high frequencies. 

1500X
My stable config:
3,9Ghz
1,35v (offset)
Level 3 LLC

My heavily OCed (air cooler though) config
4.0Ghz
1,42v (offset)
Level 1 LLC

the last one is stable (1hr aida) but temps are way to high for my 212 evo, so 3,9gigs is fine
Asrock x370 killer SLI
Ryzen 1500x
HyperX predator 3000Mhz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic