ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock AB350 Pro4 probably BIOS bug?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodivanbaped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock AB350 Pro4 probably BIOS bug?
    Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:46am
Hello everyone,

I have ASRock AB350 Pro4 as my board, and Ryzen 3 1300X as my CPU

Previously I had my CPU overclocked to 3.9Ghz at 1.35625v
I have a problem that sometimes when I try to boot up my PC, its just black screen after I press the power button, some says that its the AM4 Advanced Boot Training but I have it disabled.

Right now I have my CPU clocked in auto mode, no overclock, and it seems like its running fine.

Is it because how the board behave to the overclock? I really need help for this because I need that speed.

(PS. If I have that black screen, I could just try to press restart button on my case several times until I see ASRock logo)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:31pm
That happening is a sure sign your OC isn't fully stable.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:31pm
Is this with or without RAM set above 2133? A bad RAM overclock can also cause this issue but in all likelihood your CPU just can't handle that clock at that voltage. Try 3.8 at the same voltage and see if it still gives the issue.
yodivanbaped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodivanbaped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

That happening is a sure sign your OC isn't fully stable.

ah I see, but I've tested with both AIDA64 and Prime95 for 30 mins and it runs ok. the blank screen I mean is like POST time before I can see the Motherboard logo, I have to press restart button several times until the POST complete and I can see the Motherboard logo. Is this what you mean with isn't FULLY stable? Like it runs stable on windows but I just can't boot?

Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Is this with or without RAM set above 2133? A bad RAM overclock can also cause this issue but in all likelihood your CPU just can't handle that clock at that voltage. Try 3.8 at the same voltage and see if it still gives the issue.

Yes I have Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16 runs with XMP at 2666Mhz 16-18-18-36 1.35v. Hmm maybe I will try to lower the clock first. Will inform you about the behavior again later. Or should I just give it more voltage? Maybe 1.375?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:38pm
if you have random booting issues
i suggest am4 boot training be set to auto

this helps the ram get going esp. on cold boots (just have to put up with a bit longer boot times)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodivanbaped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

if you have random booting issues
i suggest am4 boot training be set to auto

this helps the ram get going esp. on cold boots (just have to put up with a bit longer boot times)

any information whats that for? I have that disabled atm, while he default should be auto.

also my random black screen issue only appears when I overclock the CPU to 3.9Ghz, runs ok on auto mode.

right now I have the CPU on 3.8Ghz and seems to be normal after 3 restarts
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:44pm
yes as i said in the first reply
*this helps the ram get going*

or answer b

the three tiny amd employees hiding inside your chipset ,jump up and start waving magic wands about like mini harry potters and sprinkle magic fairy dust over the ram sticks Big smile
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodivanbaped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

yes as i said in the first reply
*this helps the ram get going*

or answer b

the three tiny amd employees hiding inside your chipset ,jump up and start waving magic wands about like mini harry potters and sprinkle magic fairy dust over the ram sticks Big smile

sure I will turn that on later when I'm home, had it disabled because a video on youtube said he has a better overclocking experience with that disabled (dunno if he's reliable tho)
p0ll3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p0ll3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 4:50pm
I found a Bug. My voltage control isn't working properly. In my bios, it's set to 1.26something. In Ryzen Master it shows 1.3. It must be 1.3 because my prosessor isn't working overclocked to 3700 below that. Hope they fix it so i can try clocking some more from bios. I have the latest bios to date. This is also why i can't get higher clocks from bios stable. If i rise the voltage from bios it drops it to 0.9 and just sometimes boots to windows on stock clocks that way. Usually just black screen.
Vakich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vakich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by yodivanbaped yodivanbaped wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have ASRock AB350 Pro4 as my board, and Ryzen 3 1300X as my CPU

Previously I had my CPU overclocked to 3.9Ghz at 1.35625v
I have a problem that sometimes when I try to boot up my PC, its just black screen after I press the power button, some says that its the AM4 Advanced Boot Training but I have it disabled.

Right now I have my CPU clocked in auto mode, no overclock, and it seems like its running fine.

Is it because how the board behave to the overclock? I really need help for this because I need that speed.

(PS. If I have that black screen, I could just try to press restart button on my case several times until I see ASRock logo)
same here on 1600. even in stock after reboot i can wait for 5 minutes for asrock image on screen. reboot buttong helps in this way.. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic