ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[X370 Killer SLI] Rear and front audio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syriochan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [X370 Killer SLI] Rear and front audio
    Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 2:59am
I've got an issue: I've used this motherboard for 3 weeks believing it had a bad audio dac, this is because i was using it with headphones attached to the rear 3,5 audio jack and the volume was very low. I then attached my headphones to the front audio panel, and finally the audio is fine, it actually has a real nice DAC.

Question is: is it normal? is there that much of a difference between front panel (i mean the audio jack on the case, wired to the audio header on the mobo) and rear panel audio for everyone else? Or is my motherboard's fault?
Asrock x370 killer SLI
Ryzen 1500x
HyperX predator 3000Mhz
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 3:24am
if its the same as my taichi
then the issue was one or both of these

bios settings hd/ac97 audio
and/or
realtec settings in  windows and the selection of which ports on rear

yes i have nice front and rear sound

no its a bloody nightmare to set up
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Syriochan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syriochan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 4:44am
Thank you for your response:

bios is set on HD audio, realtek driver correctly works when inserting new jacks, the issue persists:

Front Jack: it's correctly amplified;
Rear jack: delivers audio but it's not amplified at all;

Well, i'll stick to the front jack for now.

New issue: installed latest realtek drivers, i sometimes get 1sec audio stuttering when i'm listening to music or watching a video. Is it normal? should i uninstall the drivers?
Asrock x370 killer SLI
Ryzen 1500x
HyperX predator 3000Mhz
Syriochan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syriochan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:12pm
No one knows?
Asrock x370 killer SLI
Ryzen 1500x
HyperX predator 3000Mhz
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:39am
did you play around
inside windows and the realtek settings adjusting things ?

i recall mine was really annoying to find the correct settings inside the windows/realtek software

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Syriochan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syriochan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:56am
realtek settings is pretty straightforward, tried windows as well but nothing seems to work on the amplification side. BTW, about the stuttering issue, do you know anything?
Asrock x370 killer SLI
Ryzen 1500x
HyperX predator 3000Mhz
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 1:20am
i just recall long long ago

after a bios flash

the video playback sound eg a youtube vid

was fracking terrible !

i had to play around with the realtek interface in windows (or maybe reset the bios setting to hd audio or ac97 audio)

i have found it to be a bit of a pain myself

ndu926 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndu926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 2:43pm
Sorry for the 2 years late reply. But I have the same mobo and issue, and after a long struggling I found a workaround.

The problem basically is that the rear panel connector always detect speakers, so the amplification is disabled by default. So you need to remap that output to headphones (as it in the front panel connector). But unfortunately, it isn't possible to do with the official Asrock driver nor via control panel method. You need tu use another driver and then remap the jack via registry.

The driver is the generic Realtek version R2.79 (you must download that specific version, otherwise won't work).

The remap instructions is here:
[URL=https://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/how-to-remap-retasking-realtek-onboard-jacks-ports/]https://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/how-to-remap-retasking-realtek-onboard-jacks-ports/[/URL]

Hope that works for you :). And sorry my bad english.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic