ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Raid1 via H67M Board

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgbroimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raid1 via H67M Board
    Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 10:33pm
I would like to know if this works:  Win7 Home Premium is installed on the C Drive, a 60 gb SSD.  The E drive (video files) is a 2TB HDD, SATA. I would like to add another 2TB HDD and mirror the two.  The Win7 version I have will not support RAID and I would like to avoid using a controller.  Can I do a RAID1 for the E drive in the H67M board or will it only allow me to mirror the  C drive (i.e. drive 0)?
homerj79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homerj79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 12:28am
Good news! Your board supports Intel RAID (aka iRST). This means you don't need to rely on Windows to enable RAID functionality.

You can enable this in the BIOS under Advanced > SATA Mode, change it to RAID. Next reboot, as the system POST's, you'll see the Intel RAID screen. Press Ctrl-I to enter. From here, you can designate which disks you want to be part of the RAID configuration, as well as what type of RAID you want (0, 1, 5, etc).

Just be aware that enabling RAID on two drives will wipe out any data on them. It's best to make sure you have a backup of ALL your drives (even the C drive) prior to starting this - just to be safe.
sgbroimp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgbroimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 3:16am
Many thanks.  Yes, I knew this board does fundamentally support Raid1, others but was told some boards will allow only drive 0 and 1 to be mirrored, not 1 and 2 which is what I need to do here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic