ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock FM2A88X Pro+ Beeps on restart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock FM2A88X Pro+ Beeps on restart
    Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 11:07am
Hi

On restart my PC produces 5 quick, equally spaced beeps.  Apart from this everything works perfectly.  There is no fault, no error and it doesn't do it on normal start-up on if I restart.

Not really a problem, but it is starting to bug me.

Can anyone shed any light?
Thanks
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2015 at 10:53am
Five short beeps can be a CPU problem, but that is unlikely since the board and PC work fine, as you said.

It might be possible that it is a CPU and BIOS pair mismatch, what processor do you have and what BIOS version are you using?

More likely, five beeps can mean a problem with an add on card in one of the PCIe or PCI slots. What cards do you use in those slots, and do they all work fine?

Finally, do you have the Fast Boot option in the BIOS set to anything except Disabled? Using Fast Boot can cause the board to start before an add on card has time to start up during POST, which then causes the beeps, but the card may be working fine once the OS boots.
Ariston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 8:10am
Thanks for the reply.

The only add-in I have is an Nvidia GTX760.  No errors, glitches or BSD.  I have haven't changed the seating - but I will check that.  Processor is AMD A10 6800K.  Again nothing to indicate any error.

I'll have a look around BIOS - reset/update as required and post back.
Thanks
Ariston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 8:38am
Restored BIOS to default settings and the beeps have gone away.  I don't know what I had that was non-default, but I must have experimented with something and not changed it back.

Thanks.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic