ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] AB350M Pro4 + 1600X = 2,2Ghz :/

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadkopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] AB350M Pro4 + 1600X = 2,2Ghz :/
    Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 2:07am
Hey Guys, i really hope there is some solution to it.

I just got a Asrock AB350M Pro4 and a Ryzen 1600X.

Assembled it, it did POST, great. Flashed latest BIOS (3.10), cleared CMOS, installed Windows. So far so good, unless i checked CPU-Z and Cinebenchscore.

The CPU is stuck @2,2Ghz.

After some research i found that this is a known Problem since APRIL! and mostly related to setting Voltage manually or other OC.

However: i did not touch anything after CMOS reset / load Defaults.

Installed AMD Chipset drivers and all the Windows Updates (Win 10 Pro x64 1709)

Tried all the available Bioses (from 2.10 - 3.10) which didn't help.

Windows Powersettings (Ryzen optimized, power save, full throttle,...) don't change anything.

Manually disabling all the P-State beside P0 @3,6Ghz don't change anything.

Manually setting vCore don'T change anything.

Disabling Cool n Quiet don't change anything ....

Tried setting 3,6Ghz via Ryzen Master don't change anything...

Tried setting 3,6Ghz via Asrock Tuning Tool don't change anything ...

You might see i am really out of ideas... If anyone could help me with that issue that'll be great :)

Cheers

Edited by dreadkopp - 14 Dec 2017 at 12:06am
brendanw36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendanw36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 2:58am
You're in luck my friends as I believe I have a solution for you.  I had overclocking woes on the ATX version of your board, but they were solved by asking ASRock support for the latest beta BIOS.  They were really thorough about it too.  Even though it took them about five days I got an email with the beta BIOS attached and screenshots of CPU frequency and voltages that they had tested on a test bed they created just to mimic my build.  So when you go here (https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp) and fill out the form.  Make sure to fill out your processor too even though it is optional.  Respond here if that doesn't work and I'll try my best to help.

Edited by brendanw36 - 06 Nov 2017 at 2:59am
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:40am
what cpu cooler are you using
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Chinodus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chinodus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 1:35pm
I have the same problem, I still hope for a new version of the BIOS...
dreadkopp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadkopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:15pm
Problem was indeed a faulty CPU. switched that for a replacement and clocks were where they supposed to be.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic