ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Keyboard & Mouse Only Work In UEFI, No Ethernet
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keyboard & Mouse Only Work In UEFI, No Ethernet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phyoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyboard & Mouse Only Work In UEFI, No Ethernet
    Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 2:16pm
I just set up my new H97M Pro4. I can use the keyboard and mouse in the UEFI menu, but when I try to boot my Windows 10 USB, the lights on my keyboard go out and it and my mouse stop working. I have tried unplugging and replugging and putting them in 3.0 and 2.0 slots. I also checked the UEFI settings and made sure Legacy USB device support was enabled.

Because I can't use keyboard and mouse during the Windows 10 setup, I have no operating system installed on my SSD, so I can't go update the drivers or anything.

Additionally, when I plug in an Ethernet cord to my mobo, I only see one blinking amber light. When I try to do the Easy Driver Installer, it says "Network Connection Fail, Please check network configuration. (Error code:2)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

< ="text/">.SwiftPreview88982{width: auto;height: auto;display: block;position: static;background-color: transparent;border: 0;margin: 0;padding: 0;overflow: hidden;visibility: visible;}.SwiftPreviewImg88982{width: auto;height: auto;display: inline;position: static;background-color: transparent;border: 0;margin: 0;padding: 0;overflow: auto;visibility: visible;}div.SwiftPreview-container88982{pointer-events: none;position:absolute;overflow: hidden;display: none;top:0;left:0;z-index:99999;}div.SwiftPreview-content88982{padding:7px;background-color:black;border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;overflow: hidden;}img.SwiftPreview-img88982{left: 7px;top: 7px;position:absolute;overflow: hidden;-webkit-transform-origin: left top;}div.SwiftPreview-cover88982{pointer-events: none;top:5px;position:absolute;z-index: 999}img.SwiftPreview-loading88982{display:none;position:absolute;}iframe.SwiftPreview-iframe88982{display: block;overflow: auto;visibility: visible;border: 0;padding: 0px;margin: 0pxwidth: auto;height: auto;position: absolute;left: 7px;top: 7px;-webkit-transform-origin: left top;background-color:white;}
< ="SwiftPreview-88982" sand="allow-same-origin">

Edited by Phyoke - 15 Aug 2015 at 2:21pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2015 at 11:29pm
Let me guess, the keyboard and mouse are a Logitech, or other specialized gaming keyboard?

I also had some mouse issues when I began using my ASRock Z97 board, that is, before an OS was installed for the first time.

I had to use a simple Microsoft mouse and keyboard, wired of course, and connected to the USB 2.0 ports on the board's IO panel. The USB 3.0 ports won't work until an OS is installed.

The network interface won't (cannot) work until a driver is installed, by the Windows installer. Even if it did work with a fresh board out of the box, how could you use the Easy Driver Installer if Windows is not installed yet? Drivers are either installed during the Windows installation, or after the Windows installation is complete.

Sorry to say, you'll need to find a simple mouse and keyboard that don't depend upon a driver to function. Yes I know your mouse and keyboard worked in the UEFI without a driver, but trust me on this one, I've had to deal with this myself.

Once an OS is installed for the first time you won't have these problems again. Hard to explain but you'll see... just hang in there until you get Windows installed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic