ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X370 Professional Gaming - beeps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X370 Professional Gaming - beeps
    Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 9:20pm
Hey guys,

After nine years I've finally decided to 'upgrade' my machine. Basically changed everything but the DVD drives and power supply.

This is what I've got now:
-ASRock X370 Professional Gaming
-AMD Ryzen 7 1700X WOF
-HyperX Fury Black 16Gb DDR4-2400 CL15 (2x8)
-Asus GTX 1060 Strix OC Gaming
And of course the other stuff like SSD, HDDs, and so on.

Finally put everything together last night, started up the first time and was welcomed by three short beeps, which repeat forever with a random seeming time (2-10 seconds) in between.

I've tried out everything with the RAM I could imagine. I removed one and tried all four slots separately. Still beeping.
Google gave some more suggestions like checking the 8pin 12V ATX (I have no 8pin, so I'm using the 4pin, according to the manual) and CPU fan plug and other cables, swapping the battery... Checked everything with no success.

After a few hours I was sick of it, ignored the beeping and installed windows. Worked!
The system control shows all 16Gbs of RAM, everything seems to work fine but it beeps and beeps and beeps.

Is anyone here with some good ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Rico
Mutex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 9:05pm
Solved.
Ripped everything apart and started over. Maybe the CPU was not aligned perfect enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic