ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does My VRM is damaged? STUCKS ON 29

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 2:22am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

[URL=][/URL]to be fair
usually they get as hot in ratio to the actual vrms if things are going wrong

maybe due to some conductance of heat ?

i know at least on my old phenom board the chokes got as hot as the vrm chips
(must get around to uploading a picture of the frankenstien heatsinks i made for that board)

Hey Datonyb thanks for commenting. You are one of those members here that always is either helping or contributing in the forums, thanks.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 2:46am
np your actual vrms are under the heat sinks
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 2:47am
Originally posted by x58haze x58haze wrote:

Originally posted by delukz delukz wrote:

No, they are right below the heatsink.
So touch the heatsink.

Deluk could you please grab that picture that i post upper, and tell me with an arrow where are the VRM ? thanks

No, but it's the large red heatsink left of the arrows.
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 8:42pm
So basically the VRM are under that red-plastic metal that is near of arrows, right? i know those red-plastic things can dismount
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 11:19pm

So basically the VRM are under that red-plastic metal that is near of arrows, right? i know those red-plastic things can dismount

Red plastic things? Those are aluminium heatsinks, you don't need to remove them. (You will certainly burn your finger if you touch the VRM with your finger)
Just touch the red thing... I find it a little shocking you still don't understand it after so many posts though.
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 4:36am
Originally posted by delukz delukz wrote:

[URL=][/URL]So basically the VRM are under that red-plastic metal that is near of arrows, right? i know those red-plastic things can dismount

Red plastic things? Those are aluminium heatsinks, you don't need to remove them. (You will certainly burn your finger if you touch the VRM with your finger)
Just touch the red thing... I find it a little shocking you still don't understand it after so many posts though.

Sorry, you are right the aluminium heatsinks, so can i touch watheverer of them? the left one or the upper? when touching the heatsinks i feel that like cold... good temp... not warm or anything..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic