ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

'C0' error code on X399 Taichi, whatever I do

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyGait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 6:10am
I received my replacement motherboard.
Everything works fine, my previous motherboard was faulty, what a waste of time...

Thanks for those who replied in this post.
TANWare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANWare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 11:47pm
Good to hear all is ok now.
McD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 6:13pm
Have been having this same problem all afternoon here.. Same setup, same inability to boot, same error code.

I WAS able to get into the BIOS on first boot (with 4x8GB sticks installed) no probs. then did an online BIOS update to ver to 2.0. Then failed to boot. C0 error.

***Big thanks to Holygait for posting ASRock's support response here*** So I installed just one stick in the D2 slot (left most socket); no luck, same error code. Then installed a different single stick into the D2 slot, and SUCCESS. Was able to get to BIOS.

I'm now going to roll back to v1.8. Hopefully will be able to chuck the full 32GB back in after..
Taichi X399, TR-1950X, MSI Duke 1080TI
scythefwd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scythefwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:07pm
Believe it or not.. I had the exact issue... 

I've built systems since the 90's.. and I have to say this.. the ram slots on my x399 taichi are TIGHT.  I thought the sticks were seated.. then a little more push.. and it clicked, almost felt like it broke something.. then I booted... 

I've got 32 gb gskill trident z ddr4-3200 installed in slot a2 and b2.

Edited by scythefwd - 28 Apr 2018 at 12:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic