ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X99 OC Formula Dr.Debug "6F"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpqy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X99 OC Formula Dr.Debug "6F"
    Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 10:04pm
Hi everyone..

We are always happy when we can make a new system..
Today build finished and want to start up..
I did a upgrade from a i7 970 to a i7 5960x on a Asrock X99 OC Formula MB ,using Corsair H110i GTX cooler and Corsair 4x4Gb 3200Mhz memory.

When i want to start up..i see on Dr.Debug some codes passing..but stops always on "6F" and a few seconds later he shutdown?

What now? i have checked Asrock support..some codes ,but no "6F"
I did a search on the internet..but till now nothing found yet..
I also send my problem to Asrock..but you get a automated e-mail that you have to contact your dealer or read the FAQ & Support..

So,i'm stuck now..i hope to find here some help..doesn't exsist a full list with these codes,would helps us a little further..

I would appriciate it if someone can help me..
Thanks in advance,
Jean-Paul.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 10:50pm
From the what I was able to find on the matter it seems to be a memory code. Try using 1 module of RAM and test to see if you can post with it in any of the slots. I would also try check the CPU socket to make sure there are no bent pins and that the CPU cooler isn't over-tightened. If the cooler is putting too much pressure on the socket it can cause the pins to misalign. 

Good luck
jpqy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpqy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 12:27am
Thanks for your reply Xaltar!

In mean time i get a reply from Asrock Support..that's fast!
And the person ask me if i'm sure it's "6F" or can it be "bF"
I can't see the difference..but ask him what it means then?

Ask me to do next steps:
-clearCMOS ,use jumper
-first power Off
-Power button hold in to unload
-then move clrCMOS jumper from 1&2 to 2&3
-wait 10sec.
-put jumper back to 1&2
-put back power On and start

Code is away for the moment ,and i get into Bios
and see:
cpu/cache/BCLK Speed  3000Mhz/3000Mhz/100Mhz
Memory speed 2133Mhz ?

On Dr.Debug i see now "Ab" or "A6" means?

I exit&save
System reboot and get .Windows error Recovery
-Launch Startup Repair
-Start Windows Normally

I choose repair and get:
Windows loading Files
Searching for problems...
Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically ??

In details i see different errors like:
Problem Signature 07: BadDriver

And at this moment i see no Dr.Debug code
But i can only click on Finish ,and say to me ,system will shutdown.

I will see what he will do now when i want to start Windows Normally..
To think yesterday i was still working without any problems on my i7 970..hmm

If i get no reply yet from Asrock ,i will try your idea's

JP.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 1:13am
You need to perform a fresh windows installation, you can't use the same OS you were using on the old system as the drivers are completely different. It is somewhat annoying but unavoidable without a lot of effort and recovery tools. It really isn't worth spending 2 weeks trying to rescue the old installation.
jpqy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpqy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 2:03am
Ohh..then i loose all my work from 6years..

Hmm..maybe better install a empty drive..install Windows on it..copy my data to that drive
and then re-install windows on my normally SSD C:\ drive and get my data back to this SSD
That gone be a lot work..

It's therefore i can't start Windows..and maybe this gives me this error till it completly get locked with Dr.Debug 6F or bF and shutdown automatic..

Thanks again for this advice..i have not think on that..thought i could just use my Windows and will update everything..

JP.

Edited by jpqy - 25 Aug 2015 at 2:04am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 2:17am
No problem, glad I could help. Installing on a clean drive is the best option yes. Then you can copy the data from your original drive. I would disconnect the old drive from the system during install then connect it as a secondary drive once you have windows installed on the new or clean drive. That way you will have less chance of losing data. 

Good luck and enjoy your new system, I think you will be blown away by the performance boost Cool
jpqy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpqy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 7:52pm
Yes..that did the job!
I used a older SSD to try out..and indeed no error code on Dr.Debug..
It just passing some codes..and when everything is okay it's clean

So,all these problems with booting,restarting,shutdowns is just he can't startup with a exsisting Windows from my system before..
Hmm..would it not be easier that Bios or Dr.debug show us..Install a fresh/clean Windows !!
Then no need for 2days searching ,worry if something is broken and disturb you guys on a forum :)

I just want to put my findings here so that it maybe usefull for other people who has a simular problem or forget to think when you build a new system,you need a new install from Windows!

I will order a new SSD ,make again a clean install from all my needed programs..and then i start with overclocking..i'm sure i will see some problems and then i will open a new topic what i see or have done..

Thanks again & see you later..
JP.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic