ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock H97 Pro4 and Corsair CX750 issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joseaporo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock H97 Pro4 and Corsair CX750 issues
    Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 2:15am

I have this mobo and bought this power supply, when I try turning on computer nothing happens. I removed everything and just tested with ATX 12V Power Connector and ATX Power Connector and mobo still doesn't power on. I installed back my old PSU and nothing. I had to clear CMOS and then mobo turned on. When I tried to put the new PSU again, same situation. It's like motherboard got in kind of protection and it blocks/locks itself. I'm googling it but I can't find anything interesting about this.

I tested new PSU by inserting paper clip into green and black wires and it started up normally. I know I could measure voltages but that's not normally, I don't want to fix it it's a new piece (Corsair CX750).

Then my question is:

It's something or some parameter that I have to set on my motherboard for it to work properly or it's something wrong in new PSU.

I need some tips or ideas, please help me.

Thanks anyway.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 3:09am
IF the old PSU powers the system and the new one does not then it is probably the new PSU. I would check to be sure that the power connectors are snapping into place properly, I have often had new PSUs, particularly better quality ones, have very tight fitting connectors and often do not clip all the way in. Make sure you firmly seat the cables, there should be no gap between the socket and the ridge on the connector and the clip should be snapped into place. If this is all correct then I would RMA the PSU, even if it is not broken it is obviously causing a problem on your setup, especially seeing as you have to clear CMOS to make the board boot again.

On the note of having to clear CMOS however, make sure you are using the correct 12v 4 or 8 pin connector for the motherboard power, if you used the GPU 8 pin 12v connector it could be what is causing the problem. The GPU connector is wired differently.

Good luck

Edited by Xaltar - 26 Aug 2015 at 3:10am
joseaporo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joseaporo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 4:06am
Thanks Xaltar,
I have followed each of your tips but it still doesn't power on, I think it's a bad PSU. Bad luck!

I'll test it on other setup to see if it boots, it's the last thing I'll do.
I'll RMA for sure whatever result is, it isn't normal this situation.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic