ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Extreme Tuner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joneail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Extreme Tuner
    Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 8:04am
Is there any info on this program update for windows 10?  I have the X79 Extreme9 Motherboard and the program doesn't work any more with the Updated Windows.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 1:04pm
I don't know if or when AXTU will be updated for your X79 board. Currently I don't think any of the ASRock utilities like AXTU (A-Tuning, F-Stream, etc) have been updated for Windows 10.

So far my ASRock Z87 and Z97 boards are able to use the Win 8.1 version of their similar utility fine with Windows 10.

Did you install the Intel Management Engine driver ver:11.0.0.1158 from the Win 10 64bit section of your board's download page? If not, installing it could fix your problem.
joneail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joneail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 9:09am
that worked thanks

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by joneail joneail wrote:

that worked thanks

Great, it should work after installing the Intel IME software.

joneail, the following statement is NOT directed at or about you!

For those that contend the Intel Management Engine software is useless on an Intel 'X' or 'Z' type chipset board, this thread is an example of why that is false.

Without the correct version of the IME software installed, the ASRock AXTU software for the ASRock X79 Extreme9 board would not work. The same is true for AXTU and the other similar ASRock utilities (A-Tuning, F-Stream, etc) that are used with other ASRock board models.

The AXTU software has many different features, including modifying CPU over clocking settings normally available only in the UEFI/BIOS, in the Windows environment. The IME software allows the ASRock utility programs to modify some of the same data in Windows.

Then Intel Extreme Tuning Utility software also uses the IME software for the same purpose.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic