ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

(A-Tuning) How to change fan speeds instantly?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elusivefds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (A-Tuning) How to change fan speeds instantly?
    Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:50am
I am using AB350 Pro 4 currently, and I have 3 chassis fans + 1 cpu fan.
I am currently using "Silent" fan profile set in BIOS.
However, sometimes when I play games, I would like to maximize the fan speed of all fans.
To do this, I usually adjust the fan speed one by one through A-Tuning utility.
As one can imagine, this cost so much time and is so annoying.
Is there any way that I can instantly change the fan speed of all the fans?
For example, can I add a fan profile function in the A-Tuning utility,
so that I can change the fan speed instantly?

(As I remember, the fan utility from brand "G" can do this too.)
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 7:21am
Not that I know of.

You could use the 3rd party software "Open Hardware Monitor" which allows for a fixed fan speed control of all headers from my testing on a TaiChi.
You'd set the fan speeds to whatever you anted in the program and then close it out.
Start the monitor program to affect all fan speeds at once, close to let them work like normal.

It's kind of a hacky workaround.
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:06pm
if you like to dyi stuffs, u can use pwm signal from gpu to your case fans
elusivefds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elusivefds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 11:48am
thanks for that! do you have any recommendation for other software too?
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 4:16pm
speedfan can read gpu so u can tune chassis fans for it
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 7:58pm
SpeedFan can adjust Chassis and CPU fan speeds based on a number of temperature sensors, including the GPU, so it does look like a good solution.

It takes a little to set it up on these new systems, and the settings for controlling the fan under advanced, and the Nuvoton sensor PWM mode needs to be set to Manual for each header needed.  They are also not in order, so you gotta do some trial and error. eg. CHA-Fan2 is actually PWM5 on my motherboard.  It also has a quirk regards auto starting with Windows.

I suggested OpenHardwareMonitor because the OP only wanted to ram the fan speeds up, and then let it come back down when done, which is what that would do.

SpeedFan is probably a better option though, as it would handle this automatically, without you needing to click a thing after setting it up.

I have SpeedFan monitoring my HDD temps and GPU temp and pushing the speed of Noctua NF-A15PWM fan in the front of the case up a bit as temps rise.  It just helps add some more pressure to clear the warm pockets.  It'll certainly do what you want if you set the curve aggressively.

If you need some help setting it up, send me a private message and we can go from there.
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
elusivefds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elusivefds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:06pm
thanks for your help! i would try OpenHardwareMonitor then! you totally said what i want correctly.
elserge82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elserge82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:22pm
In my case I have 5 fans customized from the bios based on cpu temperature. I've never seen any high temps on my motherboard. so this is why I changed the reference from mb to ryzen temps.
Ryzen 5 1600, ASRock X370 fatality gaming k4, 2x16 GB T-Force 3000mhz, MSI GTX 1060 ITX 6GB GDDR5, Kingston SSD 250GB, Windows 10 64-bit PRO
lorien0688 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorien0688 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:37pm
Well, there are many software to change or control the fan speeds of PC/laptop and CPU as well.
??SpeedFan
??Open Hardware Monitor
??NoteBook FanControl
??HW Monitor
??ZOTAC FireStorm
??Argus Monitor
These are some of the best PC fan speed controller software, to know about them visit the official website.

[URL=http://www.pcerror-fix.com/pc-fan-controller-software ][/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic