ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > Achivement&Record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015
    Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 10:20am
Aug, 26th 2015, Taipei, Taiwan ?”During the 3 day IDF15 (Intel® Developer Forum 2015) held in San Francisco, ASRock's flagship model Z170 OC Formula set more records in the 4x Intel® XTU category with 1910 marks and the MaxxMEM category with 3894.5 marks. Only ASRock's OC Formula can beat OC Formula!

The new global first place in the 4x Intel® XTU category was set by overclockers Splave and L0ud_sil3nc3 with ASRock Z170 OC Formula and Intel® i7-6700K at 1910 marks during the keynote "The Game Changer with Doug Fisher and Kirk Skaugen" topped the former 4x Intel® XTU record which was also set by the ASRock Z170 OC Formula.

Day 2 of IDF15, Splave and L0ud_sil3nc3 set another record in the MaxxMEM category during the OC live show with 3894.5 marks overclocking Kingston DDR4 memory to 3908MHz (CL11) on ASRock Z170 OC Formula. Brian Krzanichru, Intel's CEO also dropped by to witness this great achievement.

Nick Shih, OC master and designer of ASRock Z170 OC Formula was also invited to host the "Overclocking 6th Generation Intel® Core??Processors" technical session at IDF15. Tips on overclocking the latest 6th Generation Intel® Core processor using software with ASRock Z170 OC Formula and Intel® i7-6700K CPUs was demonstrated along with records set by ASRock Z170 OC Formula.

G.Skill displayed its TridentZ DDR4 4266MHz 8GB (2x4GB) memory kit at IDF15. Running on ASRock Z170 OC Formula and Intel® i7-6700K CPU, TridentZ DDR4 4266MHz 8GB (2x4GB) memory kit is currently the fastest DDR4 kit seen live on air-cooled demo systems.

?‘G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 4266MHz 8GB (2x4GB) memory kit running on ASRock Z170 OC Formula.

"G.Skill has been working with ASRock on product development for quite a while. We are glad to see such amazing performance with G.Skill TridentZ." says Frank Hung, Product Marketing at G.Skill. "Apart from the DDR4 4900 MHz overclocking record we made with ASRock, we also demonstrated air cooled DDR4 4266MHz kit on ASRock Z170 OC Formula. This shows great performance potential for the new DDR4 memory technology and the new Intel® Z170 platform, and we are looking forward to set new records in the near future!"

For more information on ASRock Z170 OC Formula, please visit:
http://www.asrock.com.tw/mb/Intel/Z170%20OC%20Formula/
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 3:59pm
Wow, nice work ASRock, Kingston, and Splave and L0ud_sil3nc3! Clap

Great (and surprising IMO) to see an Intel executive at an over clocking event. I guess over clocking gets more respect from Intel than we think it does.

It's also great to see the G.SKILL super fast DDR4 TridentZ memory at 4266MHz without any added cooling. Best looking memory I've ever seen IMO, but I afraid to see the price.

I'm glad the Intel® XTU program is getting more respect and usage. I've always been a fan of IXTU, since I first used it with an X58 mother board.

I don't get what the "4x" in 4x Intel® XTU means, but searching on it gave me some other interesting information.

For example, in a Microsoft Surface (tablet PC) forum, an MS employee wanted MS to block using XTU, and "... lockout reading all metrics...", meaning test and benchmark results, by MS products, like Windows.

Sound crazy, right? Well how about something even more crazy, like the motivation for this idea?

Apparently users of MS Surface tablet PCs were running IXTU on them, with results most of us visiting this forum could predict.

Yes, let's run benchmark tests (part of IXTU) on a tablet PC with a 10 - 15W TDP processor, and then be shocked the CPU cooling fan is audible, and the CPU soon throttles itself because it does not have an appropriate cooler for that usage. Shocked

Not that a 10 - 15W TDP processor in a very thin and light tablet PC should be running CPU and memory benchmarks under any circumstances. But if something can be done, someone will do it, and the less they know about what they are doing, the more likely they will complain about the result in a support forum. Which that MS employee gets to deal with.

So is his idea to block Intel XTU usage as crazy as what inspired that idea? IMO no, I understand, but his fix is to broad and unnecessary.

When I used IXTU with my X58 mother board, I had to enable it in the BIOS. Otherwise it would not run. Intel has removed that requirement since then, or never thought to check if IXTU was being run on a PC (type of CPU) that should never be running CPU benchmark programs.

An IXTU enable bit in the UEFI/BIOS is all that is needed to solve this dilemma. Tablet PCs and similar types will simply not have that option in their UEFI/BIOS.

This is a great example of how laws that ban whatever come to be. Many people are affected by the actions of a few. You can't make this stuff up. Fortunately, it never happened:

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/stop-the-distraction-block-all-tweaking-with-xtu.10948/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic