ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini 100 no POST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinescoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini 100 no POST
    Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 5:52pm
I have my Deskmini with a i7 7700 + Noctua + 16 GB CRUCIAL 2133 RAM + Samsung 950 EVO.
The system has been running smooth and quiet for about a month. I have the latest BIOS version updated.

Today when I've started it, I get no signal on my monitor on HDMI. The power led is on, the CPU cooler is spinning at low RPM and the ssd led is off. I dissembled it  and removed the CMOS battery wire for a few mins also connected the clear CMOS with a screw driver to be sure the BIOS was reset. I removed the RAM, added only one 8 GB stick.. still the same.

What could be wrong?
Miss_Mercedes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss_Mercedes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 12:02pm
I?�m having the same issue! Well, maybe worse. I just bought a Deskmini 110W from Amazon and even after a week I can?�t get it to post.

Specs:

- Core i3-7100 (I also have a Pentium G4400 I?�ve been trying too).
- Corsair CMSO4GX4M1A2133C15 RAM
- Laptop HDD, 500gb...wiped clean.
- Sticker on board says 7.00 for Bios version.
- HDMI to 720p tv.

The first 110W I received did sort of boot. I forgot to delete Windows 10 before swapping the drive into the 110W. It ?�booted?? in the sense that it skipped the bios and went straight to Windows. It didn?�t have the Wifi module, so I sent it back and Amazon sent me another. This one has the module. I wiped the drive and inserted my USB stick to install Windows 10. Nothing. No output to my tv. The tv just says that the output is unsupported. I?�m having the exact same issue with a H110M-ITX build. My gaming pc has a lovely ASRock board. Idk why these things just won?�t post.

Edit: Also not sure why this forum doesn?�t like the diacritics from my iPhone, I?�ll have to check settings..

Edited by Miss_Mercedes - 06 Feb 2018 at 1:40pm
Miss_Mercedes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss_Mercedes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:56am
So, my solution was to give up and connect a VGA monitor. The Deskmini posted without issue. Once Windows was installed, I was able to move it back to my tv. As someone on Linus Tech Tips explained to me, Windows must be outputting a format my tv can display, while the bios does not. Makes sense seeing that my tv is like 10 years old and per Windows, is an odd number of pixels shy of actual 720p.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic